Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sagamore Beach, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The pole just went up on Friday, then we had the holiday weekend. I may be wrong but I thought NStar was continuing work today. I can swing by there after work and take a look.

If you see any NStar workers, ask them when they are delivering the transformer to the pad. I doubt the electrical contractor will be able to make any progress until that is done, since they have to pull the cable from the transformer to the pole (including extending the conduit from the manhole near the pole, to the pole). They probably don't want to make multiple trips. They typically will not pull in the HV or 480V LV cables until the transformer is placed, to prevent damage to the cables.

Point of fact: Nstar is so lazy that they have been estimating my electricity usage, instead of dragging their lazy asses out to my house to determine why the meter guy can't read my meter.
Did they stop accepting customer readings? I lived in a duplex once and the meters were in the (locked) basement, so NStar sent estimated bills. If their estimate was too high, I just called in the current meter reading and they'd send a corrected bill.

They didn't really care if my readings were "trustworthy", since they required actual, in-person, readings by an NStar employee on move in and move out. They don't really worry about under-reporting, since they will eventually catch up at move out.

Is this new today? Don't know what it is but I don't remember it from last week...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 883
Is this new today? Don't know what it is but I don't remember it from last week...

Yes, that was done either yesterday or today, notice the pull tape is also visible at the end of the conduit, as well as the plastic bushing and the ground clamp at the bottom. Looking good, they should now be able to pull the 3 HV cables, once the transformer is placed on the pad. You didn't happen to notice a large pad mounted transformer on the other end, did you?

Nstar customer readings

Did they stop accepting customer readings? I lived in a duplex once and the meters were in the (locked) basement, so NStar sent estimated bills. If their estimate was too high, I just called in the current meter reading and they'd send a corrected bill.

They didn't really care if my readings were "trustworthy", since they required actual, in-person, readings by an NStar employee on move in and move out. They don't really worry about under-reporting, since they will eventually catch up at move out.

They do accept customer readings, but why should I do their job? Also I just installed a 4.6 kW solar array and don't really want to do the math for that.

(LMB spouse)

LMB and I stopped by Friday around 8:30 PM. No progress. Transformer pad empty, new pole not connected to anything in the air or on the ground, concrete footings for overhead lights still unpopulated. No sign of any more work this week. Also no sign[age].

The eight new-style charging pylons look great though; can't wait to see them lit up. Much nicer than Darien or Milford.

Last edited:
I stopped by earlier today as well and as LMB said, looks like nothing has moved after the completion of the stalls and pavement.

I asked NSTAR on their Facebook page and they said an inquiry will be made and hopefully they'll update me with more detailed info about when work will resume.

I'm visiting the Cape for a few days and was hoping this was operational by this time. I stopped by for a coffee and to see the new look of the superchargers in person. Pleasantly surprised when a flatbed trailer pulled in with some new equipment .. see photo... not sure what it represents

Looks like the missing light poles for the concrete mounts which are slightly behind the SuperCharger stalls.
Some of these are for lighting, the extra long one is likely for a sign to go on top of it, which will assist locating the site.

What's really needed is NStar to deliver the transformer, so the electrical contractor can finish up wiring, and get the site powered up.

Looks like the missing light poles for the concrete mounts which are slightly behind the SuperCharger stalls.
Some of these are for lighting, the extra long one is likely for a sign to go on top of it, which will assist locating the site.

What's really needed is NStar to deliver the transformer, so the electrical contractor can finish up wiring, and get the site powered up.

Maybe, we can hope, Nstar is waiting for everything to be installed before they deliver the transformer?

So, does anyone have suggestion for where to charge in P-town? I know there are ChargePoints in Hyannis...

So, does anyone have suggestion for where to charge in P-town? I know there are ChargePoints in Hyannis...

Try http://www.coastalacres.com/ they have 120v 30 amp.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Coastal Acres is located off West Vine Street Extension and Bradford Street here in Provincetown, MA. Drive on Rte 6 throughout its entirety. Turn left at Herring Cove Swimming Beach (Rte 6A). Continue on Rte 6A which leads into Bradford Street.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] helpful hint: Watch for our sign on the left on Bradford Street.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your Welcoming Hosts
The Phillips & Perry Families
Coastal Acres Camping Court, Inc.
76R Bayberry Avenue
PO Box 593
Provincetown, MA 02657-1700
(508)•487•1700
[/FONT]​

There are a few other campgrounds in Provincetown/North Truro to check out:

Ptown :: Search for Lodging :: Campgrounds and RV Camping Sites :: Seashore, Beach, and Cape Camping :: MA :: Outdoor :: Directory :: Provincetown.com

All Massachusetts RV Parks and Camping Map