Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Saint Petersburg, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a photo on Facebook that the Wawa at 3637 34th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33711 looks to have about 8 cabinets under construction. The permit was applied for back in April so this has been slow progress, but it appears the underground conduit has been laid and signed off on.

I was unable to pull much from the permitting site but if someone else wants to take a look, Click2Gov Building Permit

Application number: 20 - 4000480
Parcel: 34/31/16/71420/001/0010/

I found a few permits online. Since Click2Gov seems broken, there isn't much more detail than what's provided. The permit numbers match though.

permit date - May 26, 2020
permit type - Electrical Work
contractor - Invalid
permit value - $7.2K

Valuation - $7,200.00
Permit Type - Building Permit
Status - Triage
Permit - # 20-4000480 - BCOM 00
Subtype - Electrical
Client - D&A Brittingham St Pete Llc
Building type - Not Applicable
Business owner - D & A Brittingham St Pete Llc
Permit Fee - $700.00 paid to St Petersburg, FL
License type on building permit - GENERAL CONTRACTOR

I found a few permits online. Since Click2Gov seems broken, there isn't much more detail than what's provided. The permit numbers match though.

permit date - May 26, 2020
permit type - Electrical Work
contractor - Invalid
permit value - $7.2K

Valuation - $7,200.00
Permit Type - Building Permit
Status - Triage
Permit - # 20-4000480 - BCOM 00
Subtype - Electrical
Client - D&A Brittingham St Pete Llc
Building type - Not Applicable
Business owner - D & A Brittingham St Pete Llc
Permit Fee - $700.00 paid to St Petersburg, FL
License type on building permit - GENERAL CONTRACTOR
Thanks Marco,

I found this additional description:

Tesla proposes to Install an Electric
Vehicle Charging station at Wawa
consisting of (2) V3 SUPERCHARGER
CABINETS, (8) V3 CHARGING POSTS, (1)
MASTER CONTROLLER, (1) SWITCHGEAR
ASSEMBLY, and (1) UTILITY TRANSFORMER.

And:

Install 1500 amp rated MLO MDP w/2-700
amp 480 volt breakers feeding 1-each
Tesla charging cabinet. Each charging
cabinet has 4-350 amp devices feeding
4-250 KW DC charging posts.
Install 30 amp 277 volt circuit to site
controller.

Larry

Last edited:
Saw a photo on Facebook that the Wawa at 3637 34th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33711 looks to have about 8 cabinets under construction. The permit was applied for back in April so this has been slow progress, but it appears the underground conduit has been laid and signed off on.

I was unable to pull much from the permitting site but if someone else wants to take a look, Click2Gov Building Permit

Application number: 20 - 4000480
Parcel: 34/31/16/71420/001/0010/
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information. The permit was issued on June 16, 2020.

If things so well this may go into service next week.

Larry

Went by a little while ago. Everything appears to be ready to go. There are white canvas Tesla bags covering the charging stations.

Perhaps we are waiting on the bureaucracy?
St. Petersburg Supercharger Station discovered under construction. (Public)
If you scroll down to near the bottom of the article linked above you will see that as of December 28 we were waiting on the utility transformer and meter. Did you happen to notice if they were installed today?

Larry

St. Petersburg Supercharger Station discovered under construction. (Public)
If you scroll down to near the bottom of the article linked above you will see that as of December 28 we were waiting on the utility transformer and meter. Did you happen to notice if they were installed today?

Larry
Hey Larry,

The answer to your question is that the Tesla hardware appears to be installed and ready to go. The utility provided hardware typically identified by large green boxes is no where to be seen.

I live on St Pete Beach so this is right around the corner for me.

Keith

Or you could stop trying to direct traffic to your site and just list the useful info in the post - like a decent human being... just saying.

Larry’s message specifically says “you will see that as of December 28 we were waiting on the utility transformer and meter. Did you happen to notice if they were installed today?” I believe anyone can see that request without ever clicking through to his linked article. Thus I see no problem with what he has posted.

Just as Marco has a great site for his “supercharge.info” listings, Larry provides a great resource for information on Florida specific sites. I hope they both will continue to do so.

, Larry provides a great resource for information on Florida specific sites. I hope they both will continue to do so.
Did I tell him to shut down his site, or did I even say that his site did not have the "useful info"..

All I asked is for some human decency and to actually put the info about a supercharger in to the post instead of just the link to his site.
It is shady, click-baity and just not cool.

This is not a one-off occurrence, this is his modus operandi!

• Disagree
Reactions: jrreno and MarcoRP
Did I tell him to shut down his site, or did I even say that his site did not have the "useful info"..

No you didn’t, and I never said you did, although you apparently think he is doing something “shady” by keeping his work product at his site versus sharing it here. Your “clickbait” accusation also is interesting, as my understanding (possibly wrong) is the benefit of clickbait is to increase ad revenue at a website. I’ve seen a ton of ads on this forum, and have never seen any on Larry’s Tesla Florida website (or on the supercharge.info site either).

You have an opinion and stated it. I simply responded with my opinion and certainly did not intend to make any personal attack on you. To the extent my post read otherwise, I apologize. I suspect many will agree with your opinion, and maybe a few will agree with mine.

Time to return to our regularly scheduled program re a new St Pete supercharger location. This exchange between you and I typically would be moved elsewhere, but this will be my last comment.

In the interim, I look forward to having another Supercharger available in my general area. I often take one-day fishing trips to locations for which a round trip might be at the limits of my 2016 P100d depending upon weather and traffic speeds, and it is nice to have multiple options for a quick top off to get me the final few miles home and complete my charge at home.

Regards to all, with hopes for a safe and happy 2021.