Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salem, OR - SE. Mission St. (LIVE Jun 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 9.00.36 PM.png

Tesla's Find Us map has recently updated to show a new target opening date and location in Salem, in addition to the existing station there. Any leads on this one?

These are often just site expansions, not new superchargers.

Also, starting threads for any new supercharger based merely on a Find Us pin sets people up for many years of disappointment. It would be better to wait for a permit or some sign of construction before starting a new thread.

Also, starting threads for any new supercharger based merely on a Find Us pin sets people up for many years of disappointment. It would be better to wait for a permit or some sign of construction before starting a new thread.
You are absolutely an expert when it comes to this, for sure. In fairness to myself, I did track down the new Woodburn site expansion permit, which is not listed on the recent Find Us update. If this thread comes to nothing, that's obviously fine, but it doesn't make sense to add on to the other Bend thread if this is a different location, and the target opening is specific and close enough (instead of a vague "2023" in the case of Newport, which I didn't post) that I think it merits a thread to try and track down other information. I don't think it's disappointing if nothing happens - it's worth tracking over time to see movement.

Yeah I waited for years for the first Salem supercharger. Lots of disappointment then. Tesla pushed back the construction several times. However since a legitimate media outlet has confirmed Tesla’s post & cited as its source “City of Salem permits“ perhaps it’s time for a blue pin.

Last edited:
Yeah I waited for years for the first Salem supercharger. Lots of disappointment then. Tesla pushed back the construction several times. However since a legitimate media outlet has confirmed Tesla’s post & cited as its source “City of Salem permits“ perhaps it’s time for a blue pin.
Permit applied 7/19/22. Both building and electrical permits do not mention car dealership, only 3 prefab ev charging units for 12 stalls total. Has not been approved, only received. Construction company listed on the building permit does do mostly commercial work so very likely it is a dealership but

Also, this will be sales and service. Here is a link to the search for all of the permits at the site. For some reason the address returns no results so you have to search by the name of the representative of the property owner.

The overall building permit has been issued but no inspections have been completed. The electrical and plumbing for the service center have been approved but not issued. There have been 2 revisions to the electrical permit, both involved moving the location of service chargers and equipment so it sounds like there will be separate service Superchargers here as well. Along with a slew of destination chargers for charging cars being delivered the next day. The electrical and building for the public chargers has been accepted but not approved.

Also, this will be sales and service. Here is a link to the search for all of the permits at the site. For some reason the address returns no results so you have to search by the name of the representative of the property owner.

The overall building permit has been issued but no inspections have been completed. The electrical and plumbing for the service center have been approved but not issued. There have been 2 revisions to the electrical permit, both involved moving the location of service chargers and equipment so it sounds like there will be separate service Superchargers here as well. Along with a slew of destination chargers for charging cars being delivered the next day. The electrical and building for the public chargers has been accepted but not approved.
@Chuq @tes-s Seems like at least a permit pin on the map?

@bmah please change thread title. Remove the "speculation" and maybe try to match the name on supercharge.info.

Done. Probably the best way to get things like this fixed is to do a "Report" on some post in the thread in question, and say what you want done to the thread title. Chances are high for Supercharger-related threads it'd be me doing it, but it could be someone else if I'm busy or if we start getting more moderators in the regional forums.

Bruce.

It would be helpful if someone could provide pictures of this construction so we can determine whether or not to change the supercharge.info status to construction.
Construction of the Supercharger has started. Temporary fencing has been placed around the outer perimeter of the parking lot where the Superchargers will be located. The excavation for the electric service has been done, but the lines haven’t been laid in the trench. As can be seen from the photos the construction is in an early stage. Note that the electric service drop is right on Highway 22. The building shows little sign of renovation.

Attachments

• AFA57C45-1A7B-46C4-B5C4-D8F17121712E.jpeg
    AFA57C45-1A7B-46C4-B5C4-D8F17121712E.jpeg
    449.2 KB · Views: 127
  • CC3E7B86-2201-48BC-A116-B6A0DCF8EDC0.jpeg
    CC3E7B86-2201-48BC-A116-B6A0DCF8EDC0.jpeg
    755.1 KB · Views: 128
  • EDD22D5B-FA51-4967-8BAC-9C35E8CB3215.jpeg
    EDD22D5B-FA51-4967-8BAC-9C35E8CB3215.jpeg
    666.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 24686006-758D-4E88-BF4E-FD2470B595EC.jpeg
    24686006-758D-4E88-BF4E-FD2470B595EC.jpeg