Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salem, OR - SE. Mission St. (LIVE Jun 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s at an old Nissan dealership site. I drove by there twice last week & observed work being done to the interior of the building. There is also temp paving over the trench in the parking lot to the supercharger area. I’m going to guess that the supercharger won’t be installed until the building renovation is completed to minimize traffic from drivers looking for a charge.

Could not find the construction location based on the photos and the listed address not even the permit helped
Bottom left corner of the map is where trenching is taking place as pictured in the street view. Did you see the construction fence with the Safety Electric sign?
1670292374875.png

1670292287523.png

Thx, since the lot is fenced off it seemed like the first entrance was where I was looking. The photos on this thread so far didn't look like anything I was seeing. The permit as I mentioned stated the location was Airport and Mission St. which also isn't where the construction is happening. This Streetview makes it look like it's where the cluster of trees are in the satellite photo. I didn't see anything that looked very Tesla construction in that whole lot and I drove around and around. I am used to the first thing that shows up are the crates with equipment and supplies in them that will be turned into a Supercharger.

Likely this is gonna be one of the sites where the pre-built Superchargers will arrive by truck and craned into place once the trenches are dug...

381CAA75-419D-4094-97A8-3756FB8B76A6.jpeg
This photo was taken from the entrance off Mission Street. The old Nissan of Salem sign is still on the post. It would look nice in someone’s office inside. Work continues inside the building.
1984F8B0-6389-4EEE-B64A-D9FE93881064.jpeg
The trench for the superchargers is on the left side of this photo. It has been filled in & temporarily paved over. There is some electric supply equipment in the background.
324FFA7B-5266-4EA2-BEBE-2D32921E40AB.jpeg
This photo taken from the temporary fence on Mission Street. The Oregon Military department on Airport Road borders the property just out of view on the right.

Thx, since the lot is fenced off it seemed like the first entrance was where I was looking. The photos on this thread so far didn't look like anything I was seeing. The permit as I mentioned stated the location was Airport and Mission St. which also isn't where the construction is happening. This Streetview makes it look like it's where the cluster of trees are in the satellite photo. I didn't see anything that looked very Tesla construction in that whole lot and I drove around and around. I am used to the first thing that shows up are the crates with equipment and supplies in them that will be turned into a Supercharger.

Likely this is gonna be one of the sites where the pre-built Superchargers will arrive by truck and craned into place once the trenches are dug...
Dig tickets always list the closest intersecting street even if it doesn’t contact the property in question. Also, I (along with others) usually don’t post the full dig ticket which has a map at the bottom which outlines the dig site since it is too long to fit in a single screenshot.
1670424209259.png

if you familiarize yourself with the dig website above, it is helpful looking up sites for the states included. On the main screen you can enter the ticket number from what it posted here and go straight to the ticket itself.

This site is even worse trying to find since it is a Sales Center and they just did digging for power and not actually the Supercharger installation at this time. Since it is a prefab site, they just need the power in place and can do the stalls whenever they want as construction on the sales center nears completion.

View attachment 882263This photo was taken from the entrance of Mission Street. The old Nissan of Salem sign is still on the post. It would look nice in someone’s office inside. Work continues inside the building.View attachment 882268The trench for the superchargers is on the left side of this photo. It has been filled in & temporarily paved over. There is some electric supply equipment in the background.View attachment 882270This photo taken from the temporary fence on Mission Street. The Oregon Military department on Airport Road borders the property just out of view on the right.
The Tesla covered cabinet in the back as the typical gunsight logo on it so it is a V3 cabinet. Likely for super chargers in the service area, not accessible to the public. But we won’t really know until the prefab units are placed. I would assume they would be close to that transformer to save on wiring but you never know.

Wow, things change in 4 years! i used to charge here in my lowly Leaf. and the single "fast" Charger would overheat in the summer and be off line forever. this was due to grass being mowed and piled up near the base where fans were used to cool things. It's stunning how far ahead Tesla is with fast charging...and now taking a Nissan dealership. wow.

Wow, things change in 4 years! i used to charge here in my lowly Leaf. and the single "fast" Charger would overheat in the summer and be off line forever. this was due to grass being mowed and piled up near the base where fans were used to cool things. It's stunning how far ahead Tesla is with fast charging...and now taking a Nissan dealership. wow.
Another dig ticket filed 1/23. Blackstone NW. should see SC construction soon. Earlier ticket was just bringing power to site.

Reactions: bruce4000
Another dig ticket filed 1/23. Blackstone NW. should see SC construction soon. Earlier ticket was just bringing power to site.

Today is opening day for the service center! There is an excavation crew working in the area that Blackstone has fenced off in the lot along Mission Street. It looks like they are doing site prep outside the curb.
tempImageieAJZJ.png

I will be glad to see another supercharger in the area, however the service center is a BIG DEAL! Those of us living on the coast should have service that is at least reasonable to drive to. Driving 2.5 hours to Portland for service is just too much.

I find SuC a discordant abbreviation. If we are taking the first two letters you get SuC for Supercharger and SeC for Service Center. While if you take the letter that has the biggest impact on the sound as the second letter it's more obvious, so SpC and SvC

And you are not saying "SUCK" about Tesla this way

I find SuC a discordant abbreviation. If we are taking the first two letters you get SuC for Supercharger and SeC for Service Center. While if you take the letter that has the biggest impact on the sound as the second letter it's more obvious, so SpC and SvC

And you are not saying "SUCK" about Tesla this way
Sir, this is a Wendy’s.