Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC will be going down for some maintenance soon.

Supercharger - Salem, OR

N8Howell33

Jan 22, 2018
Salem, OR
Does anyone on here have any info on the Salem, Oregon supercharger? Online it just states Target end of 2018 and based on the location (unclear if it's actual location or just random spot) it would be by Macy's. Thanks in advance!

melindav

☰ 2018
Apr 10, 2016
Vancouver, WA
Does anyone on here have any info on the Salem, Oregon supercharger? Online it just states Target end of 2018 and based on the location (unclear if it's actual location or just random spot) it would be by Macy's. Thanks in advance!
generally, the future location tags are shown at the center of whatever city, so don't put too much into the specific spot the tag is shown.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Tesla hasn't applied for either Land Use approval or building permits yet. If it gets built in 2019, it will probably be in the second half of the year.

• Helpful
Reactions: BerTX

PhilBa

Apr 20, 2013
Seattle
If you're going to start a supercharger thread in ALL CAPS, you better be delivering the goods with some construction pics or at least a link to a permit.
Have to agree with that. It seems like there is always some new or prospective owner that actually believes Tesla's map about future SCs.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
UPDATE: I found a pre-digging miss utility location request from earlier this month and a ready to issue electrical permit for the Salem supercharger. Looks like construction has either started pretty recently or will do so imminently.

Salem Search and Status -- "INSTALL TESLA SUPERCHARGE LOCATION"
Permit #: 555-20-000231-ELEC -- "TESLA CHARGING STATION WITH PLAN REVEW"

What: Tesla is soon going to install an unknown number of superchargers in the parking lot of Target.
Address: 3790 Center St NE, Salem, OR 97301

GPS: 44.939006, -122.988094

@Chuq @MarcoRP

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Update in the Salem supercharger thread that existed before this one was started: Salem, OR Supercharger

All further replies should be made in the other thread, I reported this duplicate one to mods asking for them to be merged.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
Salem, OR

Along Primary Interstates: I-5
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: OR-22

I-5

To: Woodburn, OR - 17.3 miles
Diversion: 2.2 miles
To: Vancouver - NE Vancouver Mall Dr, WA - 60 miles

More density on I-5.
Really need more in Southern Oregon, particularly something between Grants Pass, OR and Springfield, OR.

Plan B

May 8, 2015
Portland OR
UPDATE: I found a pre-digging miss utility location request from earlier this month and a ready to issue electrical permit for the Salem supercharger. Looks like construction has either started pretty recently or will do so imminently.

Salem Search and Status -- "INSTALL TESLA SUPERCHARGE LOCATION"
Permit #: 555-20-000231-ELEC -- "TESLA CHARGING STATION WITH PLAN REVEW"

What: Tesla is soon going to install an unknown number of superchargers in the parking lot of Target.
Address: 3790 Center St NE, Salem, OR 97301

GPS: 44.939006, -122.988094

@Chuq @MarcoRP

THANK YOU!!!!

• Informative
Reactions: TechVP

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC