Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salem, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really need more in Southern Oregon, particularly something between Grants Pass, OR and Springfield, OR.
Ashland would be excellent too. It does a large tourist volume, so in addition to being another waypoint between Mt Shasta and Grants Pass, it would serve folks who come to Ashland for a week and toodle around to wineries and hikes and such. I now live in the area, so it wouldn't really help me much (charging at home), but when we used to come here as tourists, charging was not impossible, but not fast or convenient.

Thanks, my parents live in Corvallis. I have been begging them to put in a charger and they wont....even though my brother is an electrician down there :rolleyes:

I charge up at Panera
I installed 2 16kW HPWC's at the house, subpanel, etc. Was quite the job. Well worth it though.
If you run into a bind, send a PM. Located in Timberhill area.
As an alternate there are several destination chargers on 9th st.
-TechVP

Did a little reconnaissance today. There was a section of the Target parking lot to the west that was designated for locates and in that section was an area along the curb where all the vegetation (mostly ivy) had been killed off, i'm guessing that's where the pedestals will go. Yellow is the locate boundary, red is the area where the ivy had been killed off.
Salem SC.jpg
20200528_111305.jpg
20200528_111853.jpg
20200528_112210.jpg

Strange. Visiting it from Canada shouldn't affect whether the page displays or not so far as I understand. Maybe one of your browser extensions is interfering with it? You could try disabling any adblockers or such protection extensions on that page and reloading it.

Strange. Visiting it from Canada shouldn't affect whether the page displays or not so far as I understand. Maybe one of your browser extensions is interfering with it? You could try disabling any adblockers or such protection extensions on that page and reloading it.
Just did that and it worked! Thanks!

UPDATE: I found a pre-digging miss utility location request from earlier this month and a ready to issue electrical permit for the Salem supercharger. Looks like construction has either started pretty recently or will do so imminently.

Salem Search and Status -- "INSTALL TESLA SUPERCHARGE LOCATION"
Permit #: 555-20-000231-ELEC -- "TESLA CHARGING STATION WITH PLAN REVEW"

What: Tesla is soon going to install an unknown number of superchargers in the parking lot of Target.
Address: 3790 Center St NE, Salem, OR 97301

GPS: 44.939006, -122.988094

@Chuq @MarcoRP

Very cool! About 2 miles from my house. That location is actually outside the city limits, I hope the Sheriff's Office will be helpful in dealing with trucks/etc blocking.