Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salem, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sunday eve photos. Nice progress. Required gear is onsite. Very nice to see, vs. the slow pace of V3 SC’s from the first half of the year in ID and WA
C8EE431D-8655-4A87-AA44-40C5FC77BC94.jpeg
A6B54CC4-9778-443D-8A2A-6981B80BED5D.jpeg
43AD3BC2-17A2-4227-B4A0-890B5EFEC876.jpeg

Umm... so I think there a a mistake on how close these things are spaced together... We are going to have to go every other stall.
If you look closely at the pedestals the cords alternate which side they are on so as mociaf9 said they are designed to be accessed from both sides at every other pedestal. Interesting setup, I don't think i've seen that on any other installation.

Stopped by today to see if there was any sign of a utility transformer. That is often a significant rate-limiting step. No transformer so far- watch the hole just west of the Tesla gear (first photo). First you will see a precast concrete vault, then a transformer. Also saw why there are two of the twelve charging bollards still sitting in their shipping box, and two precast concrete bollard bases sitting unused. The second photo shows conduit where two stalls will be installed along the northern curb. At least one will be head-in. There are simple wooden forms waiting for concrete around the conduit. Apparently the two remaining precast bases won't be needed. In the second photo, you can also see the pile of parking bumpers waiting for curbs and paving to be completed.

IMG_8604.JPG
IMG_8603.JPG

I have more pics from a stopover Tuesday afternoon if anyone is looking for specific detail. Essentially in the same state as @otter described above. Still waiting for that key transformer.

Also, a quick FYI -- did you know there is a Tesla Ranger out of Eugene? I never heard it come up before. Apparently he's been active for 3 yrs. Commutes from Florence & covers most areas south of Salem. He can't do roadside tire swaps, however does many interior / exterior pieces to keep folks from having to make that Portland trip for small things.

-TechVP

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0
I have more pics from a stopover Tuesday afternoon if anyone is looking for specific detail. Essentially in the same state as @otter described above. Still waiting for that key transformer.

Also, a quick FYI -- did you know there is a Tesla Ranger out of Eugene? I never heard it come up before. Apparently he's been active for 3 yrs. Commutes from Florence & covers most areas south of Salem. He can't do roadside tire swaps, however does many interior / exterior pieces to keep folks from having to make that Portland trip for small things.

-TechVP
He's probably the guy who did my 3.0 computer hardware upgrade. He came and did it in our garage in Corvallis.

@GHammer Correct on Alaska. I believe I heard Arkadiy say he put on 70k miles on his service Model S last year. He used to cover Bend as well. Now Bend has their own Mobile Service.
He charges to 100% and hits one city / area each day.

Very much appreciated his support in Corvallis on Tuesday.
-TechVP

This one is pretty clear! Blackstone just requested a OneCall for "install Tesla supercharge location" in Salem, OR. This matches with a Tesla coming soon pin, so it's pretty safe to say that Salem will be getting a supercharger "fairly" soon. Looks like they're paying attention to OR now, crossing my fingers Hood River and Boardman aren't too far behind!

OneCall: Search and Status

Based on the description I believe the supercharger will be located near the Japanese Steakhouse side of the parking lot...Salem-Map-1.JPG

Reactions: mociaf9
There's already a location on supercharge.info, and it links to another thread. The location was added 55 days ago.

Supercharger - Salem, OR

A permit was found by the mighty hunter mociaf9.

The Supercharge.info address is 3790, while the permit to which you link is 3709, but otherwise it's the same area.

I wondered about this when this was an updated OneCall.... good to know our search feature doesn't work very great... apparently I couldn't find it by searching for "Salem", lol

I wondered about this when this was an updated OneCall.... good to know our search feature doesn't work very great... apparently I couldn't find it by searching for "Salem", lol
The construction cone (and linked thread) have been on supercharge.info for nearly 2 months and the thread is on page 2 of this sub-forum. You're going to have to take some credit for user error on this one!

@bmah @Doug_G we're going to need a friendly moderator to delete this thread!