Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salem, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it’s a few minutes from I-5 but there’s a lot of choices in the area. Lancaster Drive has many fast food choices & since you’re in the Target parking lot you can get some limited food in addition to shopping there. Not as close to the freeway as Harrisburg will be but more options.

Peak charge rate of 202kW starting at 9% charge.

I like that there is a v3 supercharger in Salem, but the time it takes to get there from the freeway makes the adjacent v2 chargers congested because they are better for road trips.

I think they also have some arrangement with Target as this is not the only place that Superchargers are at Target. Target's off the freeway, so the Supercharger is necessarily off the freeway. Might have been the least expensive option for them in the area given an arrangement with Target.

About 18 months ago Target agreed to have Tesla install superchargers at 45 stores around the US. Salem was one of the 45. There were several articles about it on websites like Inside EVs. I spoke once with a Tesla tech at a Target supercharger location. He stated that Target also required other non Tesla chargers as part of the agreement. I think you’re right about it being the least expensive option In the area.

Reactions: IslandRoadster
Peak charge rate of 202kW starting at 9% charge.

I like that there is a v3 supercharger in Salem, but the time it takes to get there from the freeway makes the adjacent v2 chargers congested because they are better for road trips.
EE3AFAE9-C165-4C31-8270-1CBCD84056CE.png

Just in case anyone was wondering, I have been able to consistently get the full V3 power at this location. I end up using it once or twice a month. The attached screen capture from my phone is the highest kW I have ever seen at 254kW reported.