Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salem, Virginia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any pedestals yet? Any change at all? Construction seems to be moving in Musk units (soon...).

Perfect and crucial charger for our frequent trips from PA to Greenville SC - my calculations say it will allow us to get there with 3 supercharging stops instead of 4, bypassing out of the way Wytheville and saving 30+ minutes on a 12 hour journey. Can’t wait to test my math...

BC48825C-AB60-4518-A3E3-A01A227EC26E.jpeg
@jfe any update? Could use the supercharger on our way to South Carolina late next week. Doubt it’s ready, but just interested to see if there’s any progress. Many thanks.

I will go by tomorrow and post an update. And check out what I saw on Twitter today. Now know where are the pedestals are going. Almost 30 superchargers in Canada just north of the border.
BC48825C-AB60-4518-A3E3-A01A227EC26E.jpeg

Reactions: PStewart
View attachment 471056 Tried plugging in but no charge. Hopefully soon.

Were you able to plug in and didn't get a charge, or unable to plug in using the button on the plug? I'm just wondering if the button to open the charge port is on the same circuitry as the charging system.

Thanks to Hungry Asian for starting this thread, and to you and all others who have been monitoring the progress.

Were you able to plug in and didn't get a charge, or unable to plug in using the button on the plug? I'm just wondering if the button to open the charge port is on the same circuitry as the charging system.

Thanks to Hungry Asian for starting this thread, and to you and all others who have been monitoring the progress.
Well the supercharger cable got stuck in my port after I plugged it in (which caused about 3 seconds of panic). Pushing the button on the supercharger cable caused the car to release the cable. I think the button isn't powered and works through some other mechanism.

• Funny
Reactions: pinke2323
At the super charger in Charlottesville (1A) on Saturday, the button didn't work to stop charging and remove the plug. I had to go inside the car and press stop charging, and then unlock charge port before I could free the connector. So it's not a big deal when the button on the charger is broken.

Reactions: pscarroll