Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salem, Virginia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PXL_20201125_175644295.jpg
Blocked super charger stations

I am about to from washington dc to blacksburg and is considering using this supercharger location. But when I use ABRP it says this place has limited access or function. Can anyone live nearby or recently went this supercharger check it for me? Thank you

I am about to from washington dc to blacksburg and is considering using this supercharger location. But when I use ABRP it says this place has limited access or function. Can anyone live nearby or recently went this supercharger check it for me? Thank you

As of a couple weeks ago this supercharger was completely shuttered. They had torn the entire Sheetz down and started to rebuild it after thanksgiving. It seems they weren't interested in keeping that part of the parking lot accessible.

As of a couple weeks ago this supercharger was completely shuttered. They had torn the entire Sheetz down and started to rebuild it after thanksgiving. It seems they weren't interested in keeping that part of the parking lot accessible.

yeah I just confirmed that this place is not accessable. The sheetz is moving and might want to discard the supercharger. The parking lot has been locked by fence and superchargers are covered by red carpet. The nearest supercharger that close to Washington DC is lexington which is a 90 miles away.

yeah I just confirmed that this place is not accessable. The sheetz is moving and might want to discard the supercharger. The parking lot has been locked by fence and superchargers are covered by red carpet. The nearest supercharger that close to Washington DC is lexington which is a 90 miles away.
@Chuq @MarcoRP Location needs to be marked as Temp Closed.

Sheetz likes to remodel their stores and they typically tear them down completely to rebuild them. They will reopen once the rebuild is complete, which typically only takes a few months. I seriously doubt that they will move from this location as it is fairly convenient to the interstate and every time I've gone through there, it has been busy.

This store is temporarily closed for a remodel. They did the same thing at a nearby Sheetz; took about ten weeks to complete. My guess is that this site should be open again around early March. I will keep an eye on it (closest Chik-Fil-A is across the street!). The supercharger is Lexington isn't bad but very limited food nearby.

This supercharger is now showing up in Tesla's systems as a 10 stall site, up from 8.

Could this supercharger be getting upgraded along with the Sheetz? Could it be a V3 upgrade as well? Or could Tesla's system be combining this with the temporary 2-stall unit nearby?

It is not combining. I charged at the 2-stall temp supercharger today, and it shows up separately.