TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Salina, Kansas

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Orchard Road, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Orchard Road

Orchard Road Member

Tesla updated their coming soon to include Salina, so lets find it!

image.jpg

2. gnelson

gnelson Member

I want to drive to TMC Connect. From Houston it is farther to go through KS and Denver, but this could be a viable route if the KS SC's are operational. I will fly rather than using slow chargers to drive the closer southern route.

3. republic

republic Member

You can get 400+ miles of range if you drive at 35mph. :p

I wonder what the tradeoff is between slow driving and Level 2 charging.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Hook up on Plugshare with Keith S. in Bristow, OK. They have an HPWC and a mother-in-law suite where you can hang out. The restaurants are just two or three blocks away so you can walk there and grab a bite.

Then on to Winfield Fairgrounds where there are many 50 amp spots. If you did a range charge at Bristow, you'll only need two hours of charging to get to the Salina SC.

5. thatheard

thatheard Member

Fort Walton Beach, Florida, United States
    I find the sweet spot (where driving faster costs more time at the charger) is about 55-60mph. I guess we'll have to defer to our friends on the autobahn to tell us what the sweet spot is for super chargers... :)

6. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member