Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salinas, CA (LIVE 14 Oct 2017, 14 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While people are waiting on the Superchargers to go in, can Teslas use the ChargePoint DCFast charger there if they have a CHAdeMO? We don't, so haven't paid much attention to anything other than NEMA 14-50 or J1772s but thought maybe it could help someone out by mentioning it. Here's a photo of the unit. I know ChargePoint has several different type chargers. Ulmo I know you said it was a Quick Connect unit and from my photo it looks like it has a Combo Connector and looks like the Express 100 version (24kW) on their website which accepts CCS1 or CHAdeMO connector. Unfortunately I didn't go up to the unit to really check it out.

BTW I just checked on PlugShare and don't see this listed on their site. Not a member but if someone is might want to see if you can get it added.

IMG_3204.JPG

Last edited:
While people are waiting on the Superchargers to go in, can Teslas use the ChargePoint DCFast charger there if they have a CHAdeMO? We don't, so haven't paid much attention to anything other than NEMA 14-50 or J1772s but thought maybe it could help someone out by mentioning it. Here's a photo of the unit. I know ChargePoint has several different type chargers. Ulmo I know you said it was a Quick Connect unit and from my photo it looks like it has a Combo Connector and looks like the Express 100 version (24kW) on their website which accepts CCS1 or CHAdeMO connector. Unfortunately I didn't go up to the unit to really check it out.

BTW I just checked on PlugShare and don't see this listed on their site. Not a member but if someone is might want to see if you can get it added.

View attachment 242588
No. It is CCS only. Tesla, Chademo and J1772 cannot use it.

This article hasn't yet come true: Tesla is working on a charging adapter that can support both CHAdeMO and SAE J1772 DC

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
There's a reddit post with a photo from Oct 3, and this station looks pretty close to done.

via reddit

Yes it does. Looks to just need some gates/hardware on the enclosure and maybe some pavement striping for the stalls although it looks like maybe that's already been done. Then just get that plastic sheeting off the chargers and power it up. I think this is a great location along 101 especially if you don't have a need to go all the way to the coast (Monterery & Seaside) and don't need or can't make it all the way to Gilroy. Look forward to the first car in there charging. The Tesla map still shows it grayed out and as Coming Soon and Opening by end of 2017.