TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Salisbury, Maryland

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by BlueShift, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Ven Rala

Ven Rala Member

It would be nice to get some supercharging on the Eastern shore. Any additional details?

2. Lanny

Lanny @Lanny

I know there has been talk of Superchargers in Salisbury. I didn't expect them so soon, but good news and an important link in the network for those wanting to go to the beaches from the DC area.

Lanny

3. swegman

swegman Member

Does anyone know for sure that the construction is for a Tesla SC? Haven't heard anything about a permit being granted for that area.

4. paulkva

paulkva Member

#5 paulkva, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    "At a mall in Salisbury" and "13 and 50" likely means it's here:

The Centre at Salisbury
    2300 N Salisbury Blvd, Salisbury, MD 21801
    The Centre at Salisbury, 2300 N Salisbury Blvd, Salisbury, MD 21801 - Google Maps

Frankly I think that's the most logical place for a Salisbury supercharger.

Edited to add: I'll be really excited if they finish this before Memorial Day 2015 for the summer travel season. It would prevent me from having to care about destination charging in Ocean City.

5. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

If you're going to Rehoboth or Dewey Beach from DC Metro, Salisbury is too far south. It's only OK for Ocean City proper.

6. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

But it's great for those of us from the Northeast going to OBX!

Has anyone looked for evidence of a permit?

7. paulkva

paulkva Member

Fair point. For that trip it might make sense to add a supercharger in Georgetown or Milford. Milford would also benefit folks from eastern PA / western NJ / northern DE heading down to any of the DE/MD oceanfront towns.

But if the towns had sufficient destination charging then DC-area folks would have less of a need for supercharging en route. (I know Rehoboth is working on this at least, based on discussions elsewhere on TMC.)

8. Lanny

Lanny @Lanny

The Hyatt Place in Dewey Beach has two HPWC stations that they invite all Tesla drivers to use. Story link.

Rehoboth Beach is working out the details for installing two 75 Amp J-1772 charging stations near the Henlopen Condos at the north end of the Boardwalk. These are part of a state-wide network of HA-L2 stations being implemented by the University of Delaware. There are also plans for HA-L2 stations in Bridgeville, DE, which is on the way to Rehoboth.

Lanny

9. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Excellent.

10. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

11. JST

JST Active Member

Shows up as active in the car! 6df0a357de32686b7c6e80d0a75fcdc2.jpg

12. linkster

linkster Member

Can someone perform a drive by ?

13. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Great surprise find!

14. Lanny

Lanny @Lanny

Assuming that the address shown on the Tesla display is misspelled, it appears that it is on Centre Dr. which is the mall at Rt 50 bypass and Rt 13 as paulkva guessed. I drove past there a week and a half ago on my way to Wallops Island to see the Orb3 Cygnus launch. I attempted to find it but now I realize I was searching in the wrong area.

15. paulkva

paulkva Member

Nice! Time to plan our next trip to Ocean City... :)

16. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

http://marylandev.org/tesla-superchargers-come-to-salisbury-md/

Range anxiety has proven to be an immediate inhibition in purchasing a fully electric vehicle. A lack of charging infrastructure is the primary cause for such a concern. Without somewhere to charge, consumers are plagued with the thought of being stranded. This is especially true in more suburban/rural areas, where the expanse of land to transverse is dramatically increased.

Because it is easier to maintain an electric vehicle in an urban area many of the “early adopters” of infrastructure, fleet, and personal vehicles are city dwellers. We’ve spoken to many electric vehicle owners who are adamant about keeping a seperate gas powered vehicle for the occasional weekend trip, where extended mileage is a concern.
    The introduction of Tesla Superchargers in Salisbury, MD (“Crossroads of Delmarva”, located at the intersection of Route 50 and Route 13) will enable trips to the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland a little easier. Equally, these stations service the residents of Salisbury. Visitors to the Centre at Salisbury are now able to obtain a full charge in the amount of time it takes to buy a new dishwasher, for free! (Charging, that is, not the dishwasher…)

17. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant

Charging now. Tesla nav directions are accurate. In back by Sears and Boscov's, so there's a little walk to get inside. 6 bays.

As soon as I pulled up a local came by to ask what the construction was for. She was happy that it was EV related.

It's a great day for a drive and I think we'll be stopping for some seafood on the way home.

18. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Great to hear they're working well!

19. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Member

Wow, that popped up out of nowhere! Cool surprise. Agree it is a little south for travel from DC area to Rehoboth etc but still nice to have.