Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salisbury, Maryland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Salisbury.jpg

They're the newer stands. Check the plugs before inserting into your charge port because I had some grit/dirt in 1A.

My phone died so I didn't have a chance to snap pix, but there were two different trucks taking pix of my car. The first pulled up as I was walking to the mall and nearly in the door. I saw him stop, get out and crouch for the street-level shot. For a minute I was worried he had something else on his mind.
Then the second couple was parked in front of the car as we were coming out. I was hoping we'd get to the car before they left so we could talk but it wasn't to be.

It was a wonderful day for a ride. We were going to drive to Hamilton today so I could get my 10th supercharger badge but I'm much happier we did this trip. Thanks for all the forum traffic last night because it alerted me to this possibility and we changed our plans at the last minute this morning.

This is awesome! Now I can make it to Chincoteague Island!!! We had an 0 mile event in a huge snow storm coming back from Chincoteague last year. I limped into Bethesda with 0 miles, but learned a lot about bringing the right plugs and not driving in 6 inches of snow with the heat blasting! Glad they had a SC in the mall!

I joked with my wife that we need to do our annual Chincoteague trip and she said no - not until they put a SC near the beach - looks like we will be going next weekend - just in time for our 20th anniversary.

Howdy y'all.

So I went home to surprise my elderly parents this past weekend. I have not been on the forums for a while and I went to the new mall (yes, I call it the new mall) and BAMMM!

This is very ironic for me, as I was born here 47 years ago into a town of less than 15,000 - and that was pretty much the whole county.

Lo and behold, I am driving around in the triangle (see Texas Superchargers on the map) - land locked - and I fly home and one is right by my parents house. Well, at least I will have a "gas station" to fill up when I take that "new fangled battery thing" next time I come.

photo 2(1).JPG
photo 1(1).JPG

(don't know why I am sideways - although it was indicative of the whole weekend - so I guess that's okay)

It was late when I pulled in. @Lanny and I just finished having dinner after our evening at the Ocean City City Hall getting the T's crossed for the "Reach the Beach" event on April 17th - 19th. My first thought was "It's lonely here! No one could hear you scream!". The mall was closed and there were only a few lights on some buildings several hundred yards away. With the transformer shed at my back, it seemed as though I was down in a hole. The high parking lot lights all turned off at midnight except for the ones directly over the chargers and one to the left. Looking out through the windshield at the huge empty parking lot, all you see is a lot of very dark space. Forget about getting out and taking a pit stop after the mall closes. There's no where to go.

Even so, this supercharger is in a great spot for beach activities. I live 100 miles to the North so getting here and back leaves little room for roaming. Topping off here lets you forget about the car and frees you to enjoy the beach. It's a quick 27 mile run from the boardwalk if you need to top up mid-vacation.

2T0A0806a_8x5-5.jpg

Had you walked through the department store in mall (if it were open) you'd find some restaurants. It isn't close and they probably close before midnight.
The food court and mini restaurants in the mall proper are, ummm, slim pickin's. There are some other, free-standing restaurants on the other side of the mall somewhat better but pretty far for walking. Okay, they're too far to walk from the SCs. All in all, great place for charging (heading North or South, that is), but not so great for killing time while charging. If you need a pit stop while the mall's closed, you have to bite the bullet and use one of the gas station/quickiemarts on 13.

Random -- I was poking around Google Maps & Street View to scope out the Salisbury supercharger for my upcoming trip to Ocean City, and I found this:

2014-Oct-Street-View-Salisbury-MD.png

I'm amused that Google caught construction photos of this site before anyone on this forum did. :)