Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salisbury, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would rarely cross a border twice just to save a few minutes (dubious) or to be on a better road. But I would have detoured and gone on the more major NB highways. If I'm ever on a long trip in some place I'm not too familiar with, I try to stay on major roads and I have absolutely zero patience for dirt or gravel roads. I'm not afraid to just turn around and cut my losses, when I get surprised by a road not being paved. Google should do a better job of pointing out routes with unpaved roads in my opinion. This has caught me off guard out west a few times as well.

This has caught me off guard out west a few times as well.

The worst one for me was Lima, MT to West Yellowstone, MT

The Tesla navigation directs you to take I-15 S to 33 to 20, which is 169 miles. I had a look at Google Maps and it showed a more direct route cutting across route 184, which is only 108 miles, so I decided to go that way. It quickly becomes a dirt road and continues that way for what seemed at least 50 miles. Fortunately for us the dirt road was dry, except there were some patches of residual snow. By the time we realized that the dirt road was never going to end, it was too late to turn back. Google really should not offer that as the default best route.

Google Maps

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
However US 1 and 9 are only two lane roads, about 90 kms.

Which makes them the better part of the brewer->moncton drive, IMO.

I didn’t buy my tesla to get somewhere. I bought it to road trip, and divided highways are not the thing I road trip to see.

I always take that route, even though my car requires level 2 charge before I get to moncton that way, but could make it to Lincoln if I used the interstate.

Reactions: XHabjab and NoBeard
Maine is not a high Tesla density place. I'm talking more Boston-NYC-DC corridor, but I think you know that. And I'm guessing those people are more likely to go to Cape Breton than Woodstock, but I could be wrong.

True, few Mainers own a Tesla. The same is true of Eastern Canada. However, Maine and the Canadian Maritimes are a huge draw for folks visiting from the Boston-NYC-DC metro areas. And more and more of those visitors own a Tesla. Sadly, until the Northern Maine and New Brunswick Superchargers are complete, people from away who drive an SR+ will continue to face challenges once they are either north or east of the Brewer Supercharger. For those of us who drive a LR RWD, venturing into Cape Breton to visit family takes a lot of planning, a Chademo adapter or perhaps a brother in law with a convenient dryer outlet. Without a Chademo adapter, an SR+ driver has no business venturing east of Halifax. Instead, they will do what my Boston based son and daughter in law did earlier this year—fly into Halifax and rent a car.

Looks like there’s still no movement here.

826ADB33-B59A-4F9E-BB78-F269D9205747.jpeg 1A29B788-6A17-49F5-ABDA-858D1867C77D.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
True, few Mainers own a Tesla. The same is true of Eastern Canada. However, Maine and the Canadian Maritimes are a huge draw for folks visiting from the Boston-NYC-DC metro areas. And more and more of those visitors own a Tesla. Sadly, until the Northern Maine and New Brunswick Superchargers are complete, people from away who drive an SR+ will continue to face challenges once they are either north or east of the Brewer Supercharger. For those of us who drive a LR RWD, venturing into Cape Breton to visit family takes a lot of planning, a Chademo adapter or perhaps a brother in law with a convenient dryer outlet. Without a Chademo adapter, an SR+ driver has no business venturing east of Halifax. Instead, they will do what my Boston based son and daughter in law did earlier this year—fly into Halifax and rent a car.
This post feels like you are creating a strawman argument. At no point was I arguing that this part of the world didn't need superchargers. In fact you are arguing nearly the exact opposite of the guy who responded to my original post, trying to force me to defend both sides. I can't win!

At no point was I arguing that this part of the world didn't need superchargers. In fact you are arguing nearly the exact opposite of the guy who responded to my original post, trying to force me to defend both sides. I can't win!

Sorry, no offense meant. It is so very frustrating for those of us who live and have family throughout Maine and the Maritimes to watch the slow Supercharger roll out in what is our prime travel season. Tourism is a key driver of our economies, and denying easy access to Tesla owners living in New England and the New York/New Jersey metro area is harmful to those of us who live and work here. Your post gave me an opportunity to voice that frustration, and I apologize for having put you in the middle. Mea Culpa.

Sorry, no offense meant. It is so very frustrating for those of us who live and have family throughout Maine and the Maritimes to watch the slow Supercharger roll out in what is our prime travel season. Tourism is a key driver of our economies, and denying easy access to Tesla owners living in New England and the New York/New Jersey metro area is harmful to those of us who live and work here. Your post gave me an opportunity to voice that frustration, and I apologize for having put you in the middle. Mea Culpa.
No worries. But the point you are making is basically the same point I was making in my original post on the topic (probably a couple pages ago by now). :)

Reactions: ArcticStation
Was checking some times today out of curiosity to see how the NB construction delays stack up in North America. They are the longest in Canada, Salisbury @135 days, Quispam @117, Woodstock @114. However, they are numbers 7, 11 and 13 on the list of longest delayed if you factor in the USA. So it's good news and bad news; slightly reassuring that they haven't forgotten about us up here. Slightly less reassuring that it could happen anytime soon.

Stopped in Woodstock and there was a full crew pulling wires and installing the Pedestals! They said they would be in Salisbury TOMORROW 9-20-19 to complete the Superchargers and TESLA was scheduled to be in both places to sign them off next week!
Is this, finally, the logjam breaking of the International pedestal delay?