Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Salt Lake City, UT - S 300 W

MarcoRP

Sep 6, 2017
Montréal
Thanks to @Fiver for pointing this out to me.

A new 4 stall urban Supercharger just opened at the SLC Service Center at 1038 S 300 W. Superchargers will be publicly available and appear on the map. 72kW

Original post here: Supercharger - Salt Lake City, UT. Both photos taken from Twitter

FCF2AB3F-016E-4000-AC45-E71AA6F9ECF4.jpeg
609D7A39-7C7A-4A50-9C10-785409CE6D43.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H

PLUS EV

Running on Empty
Sep 16, 2016
Seattle
Those are the temporary pallets. Maybe they are just setting this up for the holiday season and will build something permanent in SLC before summer driving seasons hits.

SilverSp33d3r

No Longer Silver
May 23, 2018
LA
I’m starting to see tesla do this all over. “Temporary pallets” but mostly permanent electrical installs.
Rowland heights supercharger in SoCal is also done this way.

Fiver

Apr 10, 2015
Utah
Always happy for more supercharging, but 72kW temp urban style ones at this location aren't very helpful. Guessing it was just low hanging fruit since they own/lease the location already for the service center so installation could be done easily.

Although I remember the service people telling me years ago that getting a service upgrade from Rocky Mountain Power just to add the 5 destination chargers by the front door took almost 9 months from when they opened.

SLC needs a V3 Upgrade. Or, ideally, they need to get the Provo/Ogden/PC locations built. That will help a lot.

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2020
Arkansas
Do they charge the same rates for urban chargers?

Also, 72kW is a lot more than 0kW. Beggars can't be choosers.

If you really want to beg for something, how about a CCS adapter? There are already two Electrify America locations in that area with 350kW chargers.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC