Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sammamish, WA (LIVE 12 Mar 2024, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This supercharger can't come soon enough, especially with what a shitshow the Issaquah charger has been lately. I drive by the proposed location for this every day and have been watching like a hawk for any possible signs of construction getting started, but not a hint of anything yet.

There's a large area of pretty much completely unused parking spots behind Mod Pizza (on the east end of this parcel). Pretty sure that's where they're most likely to put it, as the parking spots in front of the shopping center are pretty heavily used.

You guys can rest assured I will be posting pics in here the moment there's any signs of activity at this location. I literally drive through the lot looking for even just chalk or spray paint markings on the ground, lol

This supercharger can't come soon enough, especially with what a shitshow the Issaquah charger has been lately. I drive by the proposed location for this every day and have been watching like a hawk for any possible signs of construction getting started, but not a hint of anything yet.

There's a large area of pretty much completely unused parking spots behind Mod Pizza (on the east end of this parcel). Pretty sure that's where they're most likely to put it, as the parking spots in front of the shopping center are pretty heavily used.

You guys can rest assured I will be posting pics in here the moment there's any signs of activity at this location. I literally drive through the lot looking for even just chalk or spray paint markings on the ground, lol
Thanks.

Not sure exactly what happened but the building permit for this location is now showing a status of Under Review again (earlier reports in this thread said it was showing as Approved earlier). The permit application is working through its 4th submission cycle and looks like there's only 1 reviewer left that needed corrections from the last submission and response to this latest submission was expected at the end of December.

Hopefully the permit will get approved and issued early in the new year and construction will start soon after.

Not sure exactly what happened but the building permit for this location is now showing a status of Under Review again (earlier reports in this thread said it was showing as Approved earlier). The permit application is working through its 4th submission cycle and looks like there's only 1 reviewer left that needed corrections from the last submission and response to this latest submission was expected at the end of December.

Hopefully the permit will get approved and issued early in the new year and construction will start soon after.
Currently it shows:
CORRECTIONS - 5TH REVIEW - PERMIT TECHMissy Marshall2/23/2022AssignedEst Due Date: 03/09/22

Similar to Lynnwood, no updates to permit but Resound Energy has filed a dig ticket for this site. Well, 22841 NE 8th St. No electrical permit filed yet.
1674020900701.png

1674020971106.png

Tons of progress! Yesterday the concrete bases went in (individual, not the multi-stall variety) and they were installing the actual pedestals earlier this afternoon. Weather's pretty crummy at the moment but I'll grab photos tomorrow morning. No electrical boxes in yet, but the stalls themselves and the wiring too each one (7 standard and 1 for vehicle with trailer) appear to be largely complete.

I'm curious to see if they'll have CCS plugs as well. Will report back!

Good to know! I’d read/heard that after they opened SCs to non-Teslas in other countries, they’d be doing the same in NA and that most future new builds would have both CCS and NACS.
They will in the future. Maybe. There are pictures floating around of a CCS connector dock that is integrated into the pedestal. You “unlock” it through the app and it stays connected to the cord for CCS. For Tesla, it operates as normal with the CCS adapter locked to the pedestal. Still have not seen any of these pedestals in permit drawings so likely still in development stage.

As far as government funding, the requirements are pretty strict and require more than just CCS. Screens, physical payment, etc. so Tesla might be just moving forward with planned development and not worrying about government funding at this time.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dss33 and Big Earl