Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Angelo, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did some looking but San Angelo doesn't seem to have a publicly available permit database... At least one easy to find. I also don't see anything in TDLR about this yet, at least anything that would be an obvious Tesla project anyway. It's possible, if this really is happening, that this is wrapped up in a larger project.

There may not be permits either until right when construction is about to start so the lack of finding any permit evidence in of itself is not confirmation that this is not happening.

I'm only 85 miles from San Angelo so I'll be more than happy to pop over and look if and when permits or construction is confirmed. Not sure if there is anyone that lives in San Angelo watching these threads.

Came across a screenshot from 2019 that showed San Angelo was in Tesla's plans at some point. Found it interesting and thought I'd share.

1650423971361.png

Came across a screenshot from 2019 that showed San Angelo was in Tesla's plans at some point. Found it interesting and thought I'd share.

View attachment 795591
I also have that screenshot and even a proposed location close to the downtown concho river bridge. Now vanished from Tesla history. This is a needed station as there is no feasible way to drive diagonally from Austin or San Antonio to Midland or Lubbock. Tried to plan a trip across from Austin to Durango Co and got all of these goofy square routes through Dallas or way across I 10 through ElPaso. Easily 3-4 hours longer than an ice vehicle. With Tesla now in Texas I hope someone would notice not all traffic moves on the interstate system.

I also have that screenshot and even a proposed location close to the downtown concho river bridge. Now vanished from Tesla history. This is a needed station as there is no feasible way to drive diagonally from Austin or San Antonio to Midland or Lubbock. Tried to plan a trip across from Austin to Durango Co and got all of these goofy square routes through Dallas or way across I 10 through ElPaso. Easily 3-4 hours longer than an ice vehicle. With Tesla now in Texas I hope someone would notice not all traffic moves on the interstate system.
Doesn't matter when you travel Texas distances by private jet ;)
For the rest of us it matters though

San Angelo, TX

Host Type: Grocery Store
Host: H-E-B
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-67, US-87, US-287
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-67

To: Early, TX - 101.2 miles (Permit)
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Alvarado, TX (v2) - 230.8 miles

US-87

To: Plainview, TX - 248.7 miles
Diversion: 9.2 miles
To: Clayton, NM - 456.9 miles

US-277

To: End (I-44/US-62 Newcastle, OK) - 382.9 miles
Diversion: 8.2 miles

Filling holes in the big Texas triangle.

The first Supercharger "on" US-277.