Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Antonio, TX - Broadway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Link in the first post is an address verification request. This is a filing for a permit:

https://aca.sanantonio.gov/Citizen...ID3=02GV1&agencyCode=COSA&IsToShowInspection=

Tesla is proposing an electric vehicle charging station within existing parking lot. The project includes the installation of (4) Pre-Assembled Supercharging Units which include (1) charging cabinet, (4) charging posts per pre-assembled supercharging units, (1) switchgear assembly, (1) utility transformer, (1) meter and other associated utility equipment.

Link in the first post is an address verification request. This is a filing for a permit:

Accela Citizen Access
Forgive my ignorance, but does "Charging Post" corresponding to just one charging stall? In other words, this location appears to be planned for only 4 stalls? It makes me curious for this location, because it's a decent sized parking lot behind a currently unoccupied building, not far from a major freeway interchange. I guess they could have the option of coming back and putting in more stalls in the future.

Forgive my ignorance, but does "Charging Post" corresponding to just one charging stall? In other words, this location appears to be planned for only 4 stalls? It makes me curious for this location, because it's a decent sized parking lot behind a currently unoccupied building, not far from a major freeway interchange. I guess they could have the option of coming back and putting in more stalls in the future.
Yes, “Charging Post” is 1 stall.

This will be a pre-fab install. Instead of installing all the stalls individually, there will be four prefab units dropped in with 4 stalls per prefab; 16 stalls total.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS
Still no signs of construction as of today, but...

A local news station reports this morning that the city has signed up a 2nd contractor to help finish the road improvements currently ongoing on Broadway. They've done a lot of trenching and utility work, but the road clearly needs a good total repaving now. The news reported that local residents and businesses are very unhappy with the pace of the efforts.

Reactions: CarlS
20230727_093025.jpg
20230727_093021.jpg

20230726_110415.jpg

These are pics from yesterday and today. All the fencing, digging and equipment are new from when I last checked here about two weeks ago. I couldn't identify any SC specific equipment on-site. The pics don't show it very well (I was stopped on the road and just snapped a few quick ones) but I could tell they were definitely trenching. From yesterday to today there was also a trench from the corner of the lot (lower left of the pictures) to the center fenced off area.