Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Antonio, TX - North Loop 1604 East

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fencing is down, but still waiting on CPS transformer. No numbers yet on the charging posts.

259F96FB-AC13-434B-9ED3-158A753D51D1.jpeg

1E336C95-9506-4A39-8E2A-AF246E349535.jpeg

Perhaps, just maybe, the owner of the power company is not too motivated to do anything to help Tesla or Elon Musk.
CPS is owned by the City of San Antonio. Motivation may be difficult to determine in a publicly owned entity like this, not that public entities are bad things, but "to help Tesla or Elon Musk" will certainly not be in the mission statement.

CPS is owned by the City of San Antonio. Motivation may be difficult to determine in a publicly owned entity like this, not that public entities are bad things, but "to help Tesla or Elon Musk" will certainly not be in the mission statement.
Not saying they are bad - but it does seem extremely coincidental that no vendor of fast chargers has been able to get an installation inside the 410 loop.
It's not like none of them are trying either. It seems much more purposeful than accidental.

Reactions: CarlS
Not saying they are bad - but it does seem extremely coincidental that no vendor of fast chargers has been able to get an installation inside the 410 loop.
It's not like none of them are trying either. It seems much more purposeful than accidental.
Wild guess may be due to CPS Energy runs a network of Level 2 chargers in San Antonio with Chargepoint? Other than that would not know.

Electric Vehicle - Charging Solutions

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS
Wild guess may be due to CPS Energy runs a network of Level 2 chargers in San Antonio with Chargepoint? Other than that would not know.

Electric Vehicle - Charging Solutions
That network is so dilapidated, I forget it even exists. Back when I had a Leaf, I used it all the time as they had stations at almost every movie theater here and it was $30 for a year of unlimited charging.
When the pandemic hit, they doubled the price to $60 and removed many of their stations, specifically the ones at movie theaters. It was barely worth it for 50% working chargers at the old price in convenient locations, now it makes no sense.

CPS is pretty bad at doing just about anything, so I'm guessing this is probably sitting on someone's desk in paperwork purgatory somewhere.

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus and CarlS