Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Antonio, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not an issue until talking crap and acting like you are up on the “ details” (which include basic fundamentals to the topic).

I you don’t know why you’re so wound up about the “looks the same”, as per your arbitrary “same” and time window then maybe it’s time for you to do a little self-re-evaluation?

My bad for not muting you prior, I thought you’d be embarrassed enough that you’d actually just drop this nonsense . In retrospect that was rather naive of me.

Bye.

PLEASE mute me also. You obviously have some kind of personality disorder and I'd rather not interact with you. Thanks.

Not an issue until talking crap and acting like you are up on the “ details” (which include basic fundamentals to the topic).

I you don’t know why you’re so wound up about the “looks the same”, as per your arbitrary “same” and time window then maybe it’s time for you to do a little self-re-evaluation?

I do not mean to insult you personally, as that’s not the point at all of this message board, but I honestly have no idea what this sentence means.

I think we generally disagree about the speed of Tesla’s roll out of superchargers in Texas and its surrounding states, which I don’t feel like arguing about anymore. I feel it’s been entirely too slow and that January 1, 2019 is a good date to judge against, but if you feel that is arbitrary that’s fine.

As for what I tried to do in my previous post by specifically mentioning a transformer, if anyone is around this area this weekend, it would be greatly appreciated if you could look for, or take a picture of, a transformer in the area.

Again thank you to all who have been so informative on this discussion board, and sorry again to those of you who had to read any dumb arguments. I truly didn’t mean to do so, I simply wanted to state my opinion.

741D0D16-23A4-4288-8C45-297B310AC8E6.jpeg 24B8FD23-A4C2-4FCA-9E82-86751DD76B40.jpeg 38FAC425-3E57-4049-B2C2-C7DBFDF2637A.jpeg Swung by today to check progress. Doesn’t look like much has changed. Still no transformer on the pad.

Do you think it will be open and the power will be on by this weekend?

I’m not familiar with the steps involved but, if I had to guess, I would guess a couple more weeks at best. Once Tesla does all of their final checks and tests, they then are probably required to schedule a final inspection with the city in order to get the green light. That’s where the next delay will come from. Texas certainly doesn’t do Tesla any favors.

• Informative
Reactions: rafacq
This is my first post here. I've been driving by the SA site one or twice a week for a few weeks now. Today as of 1:30 I went by and saw absolutely no activity. The transformer is installed and there is a large conduit on the pole next to it. The top end looked like the connections were complete. The bottom end goes underground and new asphalt runs from the pole to the transformer concrete base.

From my perspective the only things left to do mechanically is to unwrap the pedestals, remove the fence, and possibly paint lines for the parking/charging locations. Any electrical or administrative work remaining is an open question.

As a side note, I just read an article about San Antonio (CPS) setting a record for power consumption yesterday with today possibly breaking that record. Right now it is about 100 degrees with a couple of hours to go of increasing temps. I don't know if that could affect the opening or not.

• Informative
Reactions: wart
Thanks to everyone who has provided updates and photos.

I know we have a few new people participating here. Welcome and thanks for your contributions. Just want to gently remind some of our new members that there is no standard predictable timeline for these things. Nobody can make an accurate prediction how long it will take to get this Supercharger online, not even Tesla. If there is actually a transformer now that's good news. It may still need a meter and connection/activation by the electric utility (CPS in San Antonio). So this isn't just up to Tesla, it also depends on CPS. It could be days, it could be weeks. There really is no way to know.

When you see numbers on the pedestals, then it's done. Until then, all we can do is watch and wait.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Thanks to everyone who has provided updates and photos.

I know we have a few new people participating here. Welcome and thanks for your contributions. Just want to gently remind some of our new members that there is no standard predictable timeline for these things. Nobody can make an accurate prediction how long it will take to get this Supercharger online, not even Tesla. If there is actually a transformer now that's good news. It may still need a meter and connection/activation by the electric utility (CPS in San Antonio). So this isn't just up to Tesla, it also depends on CPS. It could be days, it could be weeks. There really is no way to know.

When you see numbers on the pedestals, then it's done. Until then, all we can do is watch and wait.
To me all we need is a meter and final cleanup.

Attachments

• 27D9567C-18C8-405D-9460-42FB04D92E4E.jpeg
    27D9567C-18C8-405D-9460-42FB04D92E4E.jpeg
    298.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 45F59041-81D6-4C68-ACC7-45458C5A34BF.jpeg
    45F59041-81D6-4C68-ACC7-45458C5A34BF.jpeg
    492.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Informative
Reactions: plumazul and wart
Someone had mentioned having a meet-and-greet once the SC is up and running. Are folks still interested in that? If so, I personally, and probably other out of towners would need about a week heads up to make that.

It would be great to have a get together. McAllen doesn’t have very many Tesla’s so, yea, would love to meet a bunch of others in the Tesla family.

Reactions: byeLT4 and Xd85