Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Antonio, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SW2Fiddler, any word yet on the Whole Foods, or any other locations? I know these things tend to take time, but if this thread and the Fort Stockton thread don’t already demonstrate, we are really desperate for any new charging infrastructure in central and west Texas. Thanks again for your work with the CHAdeMO in New Orleans, as it seems like they were in the same no fast charging boat that San Antonio is in now.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
At this point it appears the original site in the permit may have been abandoned. It wasn't a great location so maybe this is for the best. But where does that leave us?

If anyone is nearby one of the following locations:

1. San Antonio TX Wal-mart 4331 Thousand Oaks Dr at Uhr Ln
  2. Leon Spring TX HEB Grocery 23783 I-10 at Boerne Stage Road
  3. Schertz TX HEB Grocery 17460 N I-35 Frontage at Roy Richard Dr
and you see any activity, let us know. Otherwise we wait. We can also make some noise.

[email protected]

Charlie, is this a planned Electrify America station or Tesla Supercharger? I understand that Tesla’s can use both, but I’d really prefer after all this time not to have to spend $600 on an adapter if I can avoid it. Thanks again for all of your efforts in central and west Texas.

Purdue Mark: the Walmart rep told me Tesla, but I can find nothing in Electrify America (a VW subsidiary) that mentions Tesla superchargers. In the absence of any info from Tesla, I have no idea what to think. I have no interest in charging at a J1772. If that's all they offer we're better off finding a free HPWC.

Purdue Mark: the Walmart rep told me Tesla, but I can find nothing in Electrify America (a VW subsidiary) that mentions Tesla superchargers. In the absence of any info from Tesla, I have no idea what to think. I have no interest in charging at a J1772. If that's all they offer we're better off finding a free HPWC.
Electify America is putting in DCFC along highways, mostly CCS but usually with one CHAdeMO connection. They are not installing Tesla superchargers. In fact the settlement of the diesel fraud that funds it prohibits using proprietary charging connectors.

It’s likely that Walmart is being used as locations for both Tesla superchargers (as we know from all the utility marking requests) and Electrify America DCFCs.

Charlie, is this a planned Electrify America station or Tesla Supercharger? I understand that Tesla’s can use both, but I’d really prefer after all this time not to have to spend $600 on an adapter if I can avoid it. Thanks again for all of your efforts in central and west Texas.

In a perfect world, all three of those sites would be built. The one on I-10 is scheduled for 2019 and the one in Schertz should be the badly needed I-35 location that Tesla lists as Selma. The one on 1000 oaks might be an urban supercharger a la Dallas metro.

Based on the time these stations take to build, I would imagine, if the October opening is real, that we’d be seeing boxes on site in the next few weeks in San Antonio at at least one location and in Fort Stockton if these things are going to actually be built. If anybody happens to be in the area could you please stop by and take pictures once in a while and I know of two message boards that will be eternally grateful.