Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Antonio, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is an odd location. Maybe Walmart is paying to have these put in? I would think central or on a freeway.

BTW - would it be Selma and not San Antonio - Supercharger - Selma, TX
Watch for a permit for the Rudy's BBQ in Selma/Schertz...the last 2 Houston Supercharger installs have been at Rudy's.

Address is...

15560 IH 35 N, Schertz, TX 78154

(My apologies if this has already been mentioned)

Welcome those of you coming from Fort Stockton and Pecos message boards. Here's a quick recap to keep you from reading through the entire chain on what's happening with the San Antonio supercharger situation.
We can all now see that this will be the final link from Los Angeles/San Diego, CA to Key West, FL; so the sooner this gets done, the less 'going around' everyone will have.

Just as an FYI, there is a Tesla Service Center located at 23011 IH-10 West San Antonio, TX 78257 which has destination chargers directly off the highway where they will allow you to stop and charge to get you from Junction, TX to Flatonia, TX. Otherwise there are many hotels downtown and along the route, if you are stopping over for the night.

In terms of the actual superchargers, the original permit was for 125 NW 410 BLDG 6 and the permit link no longer works, but that was the original counting date on supercharge.info that you'll see now at 350+ days. This one fell through, for reasons no one is completely sure of (correct me if I'm wrong here), and people began to think it was showing up at the service center instead.

There are plenty of pictures and speculation around that, but that too fell through as they were installing power upgrades for the building and not adding superchargers.

That leads us to the now famous Boerne, TX 'permit' which has never actually been a permit and was entirely word of mouth speculation. Again, not saying this won't come about in the future, but as of now, that dot (much list Statesville, NC) should be removed. There are two message boards about this area <Supercharger - Boerne, TX> and <San Antonio IH-10 Supercharger>, but so far, no real news. There is also speculation about: Leon Spring TX HEB Grocery 23783 I-10 at Boerne Stage Road, but that again is speculation. You guys in Fort Stockton know all about potential supercharger locations...

Now we've currently got one actual permit on record, <City of San Antonio - Permit Detail>, but we've been here before, so no one is holding their breathe. The address there is San Antonio TX Wal-mart 4331 Thousand Oaks Dr at Uhr Ln, if anyone is in the area to check.

Finally, we've got Selma and it's potential location Schertz TX HEB Grocery 17460 N I-35 Frontage at Roy Richard Dr, or possibly 15560 IH 35 N, Schertz, TX 78154, but again, speculation. Those updates are on this board as well as <Supercharger - Selma, TX>.

So that's what we know. Congratulations to Charlie, and everyone out there for getting that one finally installed. Any escalation or pressure you guys can add here to do the same would be much appreciated.

Now we've currently got one actual permit on record, <City of San Antonio - Permit Detail>, but we've been here before, so no one is holding their breathe. The address there is San Antonio TX Wal-mart 4331 Thousand Oaks Dr at Uhr Ln, if anyone is in the area to check.

I was told the Electric was resubmitted and will be approved. So work should begin soon. I think it's very unlikely (but not impossible) that it's Tesla. But at this point ANY DCFC will be welcome.

Permit Reviews

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ℬête Noire
plumazul: Your opinion is shared by many, and I understand that, but please don't underestimate the lobbying power of the monopolies in Texas. The power of the Texas Automobile Dealers' Association may be exceeded only by the power of the liquor distributors here.

Please research the Texas Automobile Dealer's Association https://www.tada.org and review Red MCombs' comments and actions, and the resulting legislation passed in Texas. Perhaps you will modify your opinion of the power wielded by the Dealer lobby in Texas.

for a quick start: https://www.mysanantonio.com/busine...-opening-day-for-its-San-Antonio-11074199.php
and even better: Why Texas' $2,500 electric car incentive won't apply if you buy a Tesla | Autos | Dallas News

Respectfully,
Charlie Mayer

At 4331 Thousand Oaks Dr. is going to be 8 EV charging stations at the Walmart, installed as part of Electrify America's network build out.

Citation needed.*

* I assumed, given the Electrify America deal agreement with WalMart, but couldn't find a direct reference to San Antonio. Given the permit reference to the city's unpaid checks escrow account, I couldn't see it being Tesla.

Citation needed.*

* I assumed, given the Electrify America deal agreement with WalMart, but couldn't find a direct reference to San Antonio. Given the permit reference to the city's unpaid checks escrow account, I couldn't see it being Tesla.

Citation is a bit tricky and requires some deduction. It's not direct.

• AB Data Detail for EABPRJB8822140 -EAB Project filing with Texas Dept. of Licensing and Regulation for the San Antonio EV Charging Station @ 4331 Thousand Oaks (this is related to TX rules on accessibility for those with disabilities). Identifies the property as Walmart's.
  • It is known/publicized that EA is partnering with Walmart to deploy their charging stations.
  • AB Data - Search -A search of the EAB database by the architects involved in the San Antonio installation (Ldc) reveals filings for a bunch (15+) of installations of EV charging stations at Walmarts. Almost all with the same estimated cost. This list Includes the following link, which is explicitly linked to Electrify America
  • AB Data Detail for EABPRJB8822089 -Project filing for Bellmead EVCS which ties EA, Wallmart, and LDC together in projects valued $100,00.

BTW, having also done a bunch of varied searching for Tesla Supercharger filings in that database, the only one for San Antonio that I could find was at the address 125 NW Loop 410, and was listed as Project Cancelled. But that's no guarantee about there not being one. I found all the other Texas Superchargers (plus another cancelled project from Ft. Stockton and 2 sites not built yet [Austin and Webster]) except for these 8 [Van Horn, Shamrock, Corsicana, Waco, Huntsville, Columbus, San Marcos, Houston-N.]

BTW, having also done a bunch of varied searching for Tesla Supercharger filings in that database, the only one for San Antonio that I could find was at the address 125 NW Loop 410, and was listed as Project Cancelled. But that's no guarantee about there not being one. I found all the other Texas Superchargers (plus another cancelled project from Ft. Stockton and 2 sites not built yet [Austin and Webster]) except for these 8 [Van Horn, Shamrock, Corsicana, Waco, Huntsville, Columbus, San Marcos, Houston-N.]

Again that would have been a great location on 410 . As stated Red Mccomb Ancira, Gunn
And other car dealers stopped it. They are worried people at the shopping centers would be able to see Tesla's and ask questions they could lose sales.

• Funny
Reactions: plumazul
Again that would have been a great location on 410 . As stated Red Mccomb Ancira, Gunn
And other car dealers stopped it. They are worried people at the shopping centers would be able to see Tesla's and ask questions they could lose sales.

Why are they cancelled is the question
Gas car Dealers. I purchased a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 weeks ago my wife drove the Tesla as we went to pick up the Jeep. The sales team wasnot allowed to come see the Tesla.
I parked the Tesla out front with the Falcon Wing doors up. Customers were taking pictures and the manager came and said that's enough.
I told him I'm picking up a Jeep and he still wasn't happy but there was nothing he could do.
As a Tesla owner we show the vehicle when we can.

DavLisa65: love it! Do you think we could coordinate a mass drive-through at all of Red's dealerships?
We could alert the press, the tv stations........

Nah, never mind. Red can get riled up pretty easily. Might get us banned inside city limits.
He might even get the city to enact a tax on Tesla EVs only - for excessive wear and tear on city streets caused by excessive torque.

DavLisa65: love it! Do you think we could coordinate a mass drive-through at all of Red's dealerships?
We could alert the press, the tv stations........

Nah, never mind. Red can get riled up pretty easily. Might get us banned inside city limits.
He might even get the city to enact a tax on Tesla EVs only - for excessive wear and tear on city streets caused by excessive torque.
I agree Red may get us all arrested LOL