Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Antonio, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possible, but there is also excavation in the parking area out the front.
The excavation is to bring the power from the pole to the pad area. They have not started excavation to any parking lot areas yet, if indeed this is a Supercharger. They could use the same trench for putting in the run to stalls, then pour a new slab near the entrance. They would have to pour new concrete, as there is not room to park cars near the entrance, it would have to be in the current grass area.

Even if it is superchargers, they could just be for use by the service center.
It's possible, it is inside the current security fence. They would have to move it or put up a new fence to allow owners to come in off-hours. I don't see a reason for a service-only Supercharger here, but what do I know about it. Maybe they will allow owners in only hours when the Service Center is open until they build a real one close by.

I just looked at one of the inspection items in an open permit

"2/01/18 STILL NEED NEW SECONDARY FEEDER FROM NEW CPS PAD TO NEW 1200 AMP SWITCH.( UNDERGROUND)"

I don't think they would need that much for just the building. Does that indicate Supercharger? I don't know what the current current is for a Supercharger installation.:p

Reactions: Dr. J
Called the Service Center. They denied that they were installing a Supercharger. He said they were "working on our light poles". I said it didn't look like they were working on lights. He said they were doing electrical work.

I'm tending to think I was wrong (this exchange notwithstanding).

1) I don't think they would be able to put in a Supercharger without a separate permit.
2) There is a listing under the current permit to put in a secondary feed.
3) there is no excavation to put conduit next to parking areas.
4) the trench goes from the pole to one pad. If this were a Supercharger, there would be a pad for the transformer and a pad for the Supercharger equipment.
5) the trench heading toward the building heads straight for the electrical switchgear on the wall

False alarm:oops:

• Informative
Reactions: vrykolas and CarlS
I stopped by the tesla service center this week, they are upgrading their electrical panel due to high volume of charging inside and outside. They told me that their service can no longer handle the loads they are now getting.
They confirmed that the first supercharger will be over by best buy at San Pedro. There is a second supercharger coming but the location is not confirmed.

I stopped by the tesla service center this week, they are upgrading their electrical panel due to high volume of charging inside and outside. They told me that their service can no longer handle the loads they are now getting.
They confirmed that the first supercharger will be over by best buy at San Pedro. There is a second supercharger coming but the location is not confirmed.
Hmmmm, lots of traffic in that area. I guess they're trying to get a spot that serves 281, I-35 and I-10 sort of equally.