Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Antonio, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got that info off the Tesla Supercharging site but I guess it's not correct.
I'm not sure I understand which site you're talking about. Can you be explicit or more descriptive about where this info came from? It sounds like your info was just the 3 locations which have at some point been marked on Supercharge.info's map. But they aren't an official Tesla site, just an independent one that uses crowd sourced info to try and confirm exact locations of future supercharger sites--something that, so far as I know, Tesla doesn't disclose. On occasion, though very rarely for such a resource, supercharge.info ends up getting bad or outdated information that stays on the system for a while. That is what happened with the 4331 Thousand Oaks Dr. location. But if your information isn't from that site and is actually from Tesla directly, I would be very interested to hear exactly how to see it.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
Found this on DIGG TESS , looks like they want it by TOMORROW

BEXAR
Place: SAN ANTONIO
Address: 11745
Street: I-10
Intersecting Street: HUEBNER OAKS
Location of Work: JOB NUMBER: HUEBNER OAKS CHARGING STATION.-NATURE OF WORK: INSTALLING ELECTRIC CAR CHARGING STATIONS DRIVING DIRECTIONS: FROM THE INTERSECTION OF 11745 I-10 AND HUEBNER OAKS THE SITE IS N E SIDE. THE WORK LOCATION WILL THREE BUILDINGS TO THE E OF 1-10.-THE GPS 29.5492195, -98.5808775 IS THE WORK SITE LOCATION. WORKING 200 FT LONG AND 200 FT WIDE FROM GPS COORDINATE.
Remarks: TESS: 1967933778 Seq: 4140 Rcd: 06/28/19 11:42 WTBD: 07/02/19 10:45
Map: TX

Found this on DIGG TESS , looks like they want it by TOMORROW

BEXAR
Place: SAN ANTONIO
Address: 11745
Street: I-10
Intersecting Street: HUEBNER OAKS
Location of Work: JOB NUMBER: HUEBNER OAKS CHARGING STATION.-NATURE OF WORK: INSTALLING ELECTRIC CAR CHARGING STATIONS DRIVING DIRECTIONS: FROM THE INTERSECTION OF 11745 I-10 AND HUEBNER OAKS THE SITE IS N E SIDE. THE WORK LOCATION WILL THREE BUILDINGS TO THE E OF 1-10.-THE GPS 29.5492195, -98.5808775 IS THE WORK SITE LOCATION. WORKING 200 FT LONG AND 200 FT WIDE FROM GPS COORDINATE.
Remarks: TESS: 1967933778 Seq: 4140 Rcd: 06/28/19 11:42 WTBD: 07/02/19 10:45
Map: TX
That also includes a GPS tag for the location of the work area, so now we can see where in the complex the chargers will go. It's probably not quite exact, but they'll be in this area: 29.5492195, -98.5808775

That seems like an odd location in the parking lot, but we'll see. Couldn't get more cramped, and no room for expansion. I don't recall ever seeing any cars parked there, so maybe ICEing will be rare.

Starbuck's likely the most available potty place, open 6:30 to 9 weekdays, 10:30 weekends.

Near those coordinates, the only location that makes any sense is behind the building where The Gap is located. Any other location has trees.
The issue with the trees isn't just any tree. It's trees of a certain size and possibly type. Also, the back-end hardware doesn't have to be right next to the stalls. A little ways away is acceptable, so don't get too caught up in exactly where the trees are in relation to stalls. Maybe nearby trees just means that they have to trench in longer, roundabout ways to get the conduit laid in. Etc.

In the immediate vicinity of the GPS tag, I can see 2 potential locations for the stalls. For 10 stalls they'd either be split into the 2 red sections or all within the green section. Only having access to overhead satellite shots, I won't make any guesses about which trees might be enough of an issue to prevent one or the other from being acceptable.

Supercharger- San Antonio_Huebner Oaks_parking.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
The issue with the trees isn't just any tree. It's trees of a certain size and possibly type. Also, the back-end hardware doesn't have to be right next to the stalls. A little ways away is acceptable, so don't get too caught up in exactly where the trees are in relation to stalls. Maybe nearby trees just means that they have to trench in longer, roundabout ways to get the conduit laid in. Etc.

In the immediate vicinity of the GPS tag, I can see 2 potential locations for the stalls. For 10 stalls they'd either be split into the 2 red sections or all within the green section. Only having access to overhead satellite shots, I won't make any guesses about which trees might be enough of an issue to prevent one or the other from being acceptable.

View attachment 425480

StreetView has 4 very good locations where you can get up close and personal with those trees. The option behind the building (green) matches the comments from the inspection: No trees but there was some canopy.

Reactions: mociaf9
StreetView has 4 very good locations where you can get up close and personal with those trees. The option behind the building (green) matches the comments from the inspection: No trees but there was some canopy.
Lol. I must have left my brain in my other pants today. Didn't even think to use it. I agree with your original assessment, that behind The Gap (green on my map) is clearly the best fit.

Don't be ridiculous, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Every rumor I've heard is that they're going to run a 10 mile long CHAdeMO connector cable from the Thousand oaks EV station as a stopgap until the chargers open. If you can live with the very slight drop in kW power and have the adapter it'll be perfect.

Just keep driving around the site until you find the connector, presumably it'll be lying on the ground somewhere, or something.