Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Ardo, CA (LIVE 28 Jun 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like multiple tire-stops lined up. Clean solution; I like it.

IMG_0537.JPG

Just stopped in. Up and running. Intentionally gravel to keep down the heat. Canopy covered for same reason. Solar powered. Fast charging.

Clean restrooms (yay! Most Superchargers have none) and a dog “relief and run around” area with poop bags supplied. Covered with crushed olive pits instead of redwood chips. The ultimate in recycling.

Trash cans right next to the chargers so the place looks and feels clean.

Of course, it was necessary to taste (and purchase) some excellent olive oil in the ultra air conditioned tasting room while we waited.

Since it’s not in a high-traffic area like a mall it was an easy, uncrowded stop: just long enough to charge up and have a lovely conversation with the proprietor before getting back on the road.

We have stopped here a total of four times since it opened, most recently this past weekend. I have roadtripped up to Vancouver, B.C., throughout the Sierras, and down to SoCal a dozen times, and this SC is in my top 3 of favorite spots to charge. The people running the olive mill are outgoing and friendly and really take care of this property. Their olive oil is also superb (and my wife is a bit of an olive oil aficionado). They keep the bathroom clean and the charging areas free from litter. Plus the property is quiet and has a very nice view of the valley yet couldn't be easier to access from 101. Lastly, another cool thing about the olive mill is that the roof of the main structure is covered in solar panels, in addition to the panels on the canopies covering the chargers. I assumed that the power from the panels on the main structure was to run the mill, but maybe excess power would be used to help with the load in SC. In short, we highly recommend anyone traveling down 101 to stop here.