Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Bruno, CA - San Bruno Ave. (LIVE 29 May 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
H/T to SF TESLA CLUB for finding a new Supercharger under construction in San Bruno at the Lunardi’s Market (2801 San Bruno Ave W). Per the Twitter post, 12 V3 stalls are almost completed here.

Will add on Supercharge Info.
Edit: according to the permit 16 stations will be installed.

Photo

0272327F-28CC-4D2F-A57C-FE6F6B083CF6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: PStewart
Hmmm this station service who mostly?

I'm still thinking a half moon bay charger is a must! Or something along 280 between page mill to Daly City (not serramonte)

This one is closer to 35 than 280. Maybe the locals will benefit?

Belated update from Tuesday, 3/16:
1. As I arrived, the pedestals were being wrapped in clear plastic (presumably pallet wrap), which I think implies that they're installed but not going to be useable soon. (Tesla's map site says Q2.)
2. No PG&E transformer yet, and they were digging a deep hole between an existing underground vault and the concrete pad for the transformer. After I took a picture, the backhoe operator said no pictures.
3. Tesla's white cabinets are hidden inside an enclosure, apparently similar to the Windsor (California) location.

IMG_7313.JPG
IMG_7314.JPG

1. No transformer yet.
2. No parking-slot paint stripes yet.
3. But the pedestals are no longer covered with the clear plastic wrapping that was added a month ago; is someone getting hopeful?

For third time I saw a Tesla plugged into a charging pedestal at the Supercharger site that is not yet operational. I'm amazed that someone can skip past the various hints -- the site isn't on the navigation map, the charge door doesn't open automatically, the charging lights don't do their usual dance, and the in-car display doesn't show any charging -- and apparently think all is well. (The picture has been framed to hide the license plate.)

San Bruno xformer pad.jpg
San Bruno non-charging.jpg

For third time I saw a Tesla plugged into a charging pedestal at the Supercharger site that is not yet operational. I'm amazed that someone can skip past the various hints -- the site isn't on the navigation map, the charge door doesn't open automatically, the charging lights don't do their usual dance, and the in-car display doesn't show any charging -- and apparently think all is well. (The picture has been framed to hide the license plate.)
It's possible that they know everything isn't A-OK, but are hoping it might somehow be doing something even if it's not 100%.
Perhaps they're hoping that it is like a Mac plugged in with an underpowered charger? They can sometimes trickle charge despite not showing "charging".

Getting some charge out would be a supernatural event!
Good point. I had assumed conventional physics and native Earthlings, and so may have seriously underestimated these Tesla drivers. (Extraterrestrials would drive Teslas while visiting Earth, wouldn't they?) Perhaps they can time-shift, and pull electric energy through a transformer before it exists. If so, the best example could be this driver at the Dublin Supercharger in January, charging through a transformer that hasn't been installed, via a pedestal that will be removed before that transformer shows up!

IMG_7217.jpg

1. No transformer yet.
2. No parking-slot paint stripes yet.
3. But the pedestals are no longer covered with the clear plastic wrapping that was added a month ago; is someone getting hopeful?

View attachment 654965View attachment 654966Sadly, you can’t fix stupid!

I tried one stall from each cabinet just in case and while the handles do unlock the chargeport and you get the flashing blue light and it even says "Starting to Charge," it then throws an error before the electrons flow. I peaked through a crack in the enclosure and spotted an empty pad with conduit coming out of the bottom so we are definitely waiting for something (probably what was already mentioned up thread).

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and bmah