Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Bruno, CA - El Camino Real (LIVE 29 Jan 2022, 28 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

The 2nd San Bruno Supercharger is planned for the Shops at Tanforan mall on El Camino Real. Last I heard, plans were filed with the city, but I have yet to see any building permits on eTrakit. There will be a total of 28 V3 stalls and 8 Level 2 stations.

San Bruno.jpg

This will be a welcome addition to the SF/peninsula location. Wife and I have always said that Tanforan needs a supercharger since there is a ton of unused parking spaces behind Target on the top floor next to Macy’s.
It’ll also revive that shopping center as I’ve noticed tenants have been slowly leaving that mall.

If you're getting off I-380 going north on El Camino Real, it's in the mall lot immediately on the right. Get in the right lane and you'll see it on your right. The first light you get to, turn right into the shopping center, then right again - it's on the right. Good chicken wings at Hooters.

Is this enough to say under construction? Applicant is Sean Flanagan, google shows as a Lead Construction Manager at Tesla. Encroachment permit is for trenching. Maybe?
View attachment 706560
On a deeper dive, just found the actual permit (clicked the printer icon). Maybe not Tesla. Shows Mr. Flanagan as being associated with Daly Pipelines and contractor as Canning Electric. Unless those are known Tesla contractors in the Bay Area, might be nothing.
1631099128851.png

Reactions: Chrispy228
Canning is a known contractor for SF and did the sites on Geary Blvd and Van Ness Ave. No doubt this is the right permit.

We updated the pin 3 days ago, though.