Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Bruno, CA - El Camino Real (LIVE 29 Jan 2022, 28 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Canning is a known contractor for SF and did the sites on Geary Blvd and Van Ness Ave. No doubt this is the right permit.

We updated the pin 3 days ago, though.
Ok, good to know. Interesting that they aren’t using Tesla on permits for any of this. Try to hide it from us detectives? Or Tesla will go on the actual building/electrical permit when it is issued? Interesting they are getting a separate permit for trenching when usually that is tied into the electrical permit.

Another permit for Canning at the same address. However different APN.
1631104189197.png

Guess we will have to wait for another permit to show up to see the full scope of the work it it seems electric permits are only for residential stuff. Solar has its own type (pv). Didn't see any commercial electrical permits though. Any very few building permits so it will be interesting to see how the actual building phase is classified.

Last edited:
Ok, good to know. Interesting that they aren’t using Tesla on permits for any of this. Try to hide it from us detectives? Or Tesla will go on the actual building/electrical permit when it is issued? Interesting they are getting a separate permit for trenching when usually that is tied into the electrical permit.
I know they've tried that in other places, not like it actually works. There's only so much they can do to hide their involvement in a project

So do we need Tesla equipment on site for the title to be changed to under construction?
That's the general practice for this forum, yes. I am aware that supercharge.info already lists the site as "under construction".

Does it really make a difference in the long run? It's not gonna get finished any faster if a moderator here changes a few words in a thread title. ;)

Bruce.

Does anyone have updates on when these will open? Been driving by and seeing lots of progress.

Also, this may just be a personal observation, but this is the first time I've seen a SC so close to high-traffic road (El Camino). Usually it's in secluded areas of a parking lot.

I have seen them close to high traffic areas. Vacaville comes to mind. I think it is less so the secluded parts of teh parking lot, and more so the unused parts of the parking lot. So, if it is a big lot, with no behind teh building or out of the way parking, then the area closest to the road tends to be the furthest away and most unused part of the lot.

Does anyone have updates on when these will open? Been driving by and seeing lots of progress.

Also, this may just be a personal observation, but this is the first time I've seen a SC so close to high-traffic road (El Camino). Usually it's in secluded areas of a parking lot.
Take some pics! :)

Anyone see a transformer installed here yet?

Here are some updated shots.. lots of crew there working on the section with the Transformers that are in place.. 2 crew working IN the transformers, access panels open and lots of stuff going on. About 6-8 other crew working at what looked like cabling between SC's to the transformers. The bank that is parallel to El Camino real looks pretty done, albeit no ashpalt and no transformers. I have the feeling that the bank that is PERPENDICULAR to El Camio and parallel to the entry road will be the first section to go live.

She's going to be a pretty big one, but I'll say there has been SO MUCH multi-family added here in the past 24 months, they are probably going to really need it.
IMG_8443.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8438.JPG
    IMG_8438.JPG
    819.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_8439.JPG
    IMG_8439.JPG
    758.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_8441.JPG
    IMG_8441.JPG
    669.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8440.JPG
    IMG_8440.JPG
    761.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8442.JPG
    IMG_8442.JPG
    860.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8437.JPG
    IMG_8437.JPG
    767.7 KB · Views: 95
Here are some updated shots.. lots of crew there working on the section with the Transformers that are in place.. 2 crew working IN the transformers, access panels open and lots of stuff going on. About 6-8 other crew working at what looked like cabling between SC's to the transformers. The bank that is parallel to El Camino real looks pretty done, albeit no ashpalt and no transformers. I have the feeling that the bank that is PERPENDICULAR to El Camio and parallel to the entry road will be the first section to go live.

She's going to be a pretty big one, but I'll say there has been SO MUCH multi-family added here in the past 24 months, they are probably going to really need it.View attachment 732022
what do you mean by multi-family?