Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Carlos, CA (LIVE 30 Jun 2018, 19 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And you know that because you are there 24/7? Tesla has the data on Supercharger use and is able to decide what is “high use” and what is not. And almost all Bay Area Superchargers are heavily used.
We are getting off topic, but I think it's fair to say the roll out of this new "feature" has been poor. It doesn't make any sense to limit someone to 80% when they are alone at the supercharger at 3am. And the work around is so simple as to deem it completely ineffective anyway. Sure, they have the data, but they aren't really using it well. They just blanketed certain areas with the 80% inconvenience. We'll see where this goes in the future. The idea definitely has potential, but right now it's pretty stupid.

Reactions: DOCAL
And you know that because you are there 24/7? Tesla has the data on Supercharger use and is able to decide what is “high use” and what is not. And almost all Bay Area Superchargers are heavily used.

I'm there often enough, and I have never seen a line. Most times it is not even have full, and peak times it gets to about 80% capacity. I understand Tesla has the the data on SC use, but they are using it wrong in this case. When I got this message, I was car #4 out of 19 spots.

Reactions: ChrisJ