Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Clemente, CA - Avenida Vista Hermosa (EXPANDED Feb 2022, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Target on the corner of Vista Hermosa and La Pata.
Saw this on my mountain bike ride from up above. The crew said they will be done in a week. Combo of V3 and V2 SCs.
This is 2 miles from the San Clemente Outlet SCs.
ABF90A4C-0B47-4C72-969B-E7258A161CEC.jpeg
3838BE9B-2A82-4E84-B182-6EB9610D07C2.jpeg
CBD0649D-8B46-4EE8-8791-215B4C439C0E.jpeg

This is crazy. Why would Tesla install a supercharger location so close to the Outlets? And San Juan Capistrano supercharger is only 7 miles away - although much smaller.
So many other locations not far away desperately need a supercharger. Escondido, El Cajon and Oceanside come to mind. Also the junction of Route 76 and I-15 already has many L2 chargers - perfect location for a supercharger station. I've checked the location and there's plenty of space available for one.

Reactions: jowaldo
This is crazy. Why would Tesla install a supercharger location so close to the Outlets? And San Juan Capistrano supercharger is only 7 miles away - although much smaller.
So many other locations not far away desperately need a supercharger. Escondido, El Cajon and Oceanside come to mind. Also the junction of Route 76 and I-15 already has many L2 chargers - perfect location for a supercharger station. I've checked the location and there's plenty of space available for one.

The outlets are one of the busiest supercharger stations in the US. Also, it seems Tesla takes into account the ease of securing rights and permits heavily into their location selection process.

Does anyone know if this charger is online? Thanks.

It should show up in your nav if it is online. If it is not, the odds are extremely slim, as they are usually only delayed a day or two from go live to showing up in the nav.

Given that pics one week ago show no transformer installed (which is at the schedule of the utility, not Tesla or the property owner), I would put betting money that this site is still offline.

B138B73E-3599-4A9B-B4A6-D52F2B857355.jpeg
0FC43964-6A9D-49FE-B673-A002F7524A2A.jpeg
View attachment 592841 View attachment 592842

Transformer is in, stalls are painted, only one ChargePoint charger is still waiting to be installed. Flip the switch!

To quote @MarcoRP “damn it”. You beat me to it. I was going to say..

I don’t have kids and I’m not an electrician so I don’t know the difference between a Transformer, Legos or Hot Wheels but there is a new big green box there now.