Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Clemente, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2017, 49 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_5094.PNG

I just discovered a new Supercharger getting constructed.

It's at the new Fashion Outlets. Backside of Parking Garage.

Looks like it'll be Ten Stalls for now.

Hmmm, those supercharger cabinets look like a new model. Not the same as the older ones that are at San Juan Capistrano, for instance. I wonder if they are 72 kW urban Superchargers rather than the 130kW ones.

I'm pretty damn sure these are 130kW. After all, this location is half way between SD and LA. Trip charging.

When I get a chance I'll swing by there and look at the cabinet spec

Yes, the inverter cabinets are newer design.

The contractor is getting close it seems to completing their work

I thought they might first energize the bank of 9 pumps against the garage.
Those stalls have parking lines painted and parking "bump stops" installed.
It WAS further along than the 12 stalls.

Now it seems they'll energize all 21. They made significant progress last week
All the electrical cabinet equipment is in place now.

The Real variable is how long it takes for SDG&E utility to install any additional transformers there. I saw one already there.

AND, final site inspections by the city

Overall, well on track to energizing sometime in early Nov I think.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
Some good progress being made at the SCSC.

11 of the last 12 on the south side...

View attachment 256390
This reminds me of the tendency of architects to put in cabinets as scenery. I've seen many cabinets block driving views. Why do cabinet placement architects always screw up? It seems like a standard they follow: put all cabinets in the worst possible visual space.

• Funny
Reactions: McManX
Here is the latest photo update on this location. A couple of Tesla owners who live in the area stopped by and said that the current word is that this site should be up and running by the end of November.

IMG_0408.jpg IMG_0409.jpg IMG_0410.jpg IMG_0411.jpg IMG_0412.jpg IMG_0413.jpg IMG_0414.jpg IMG_0415.jpg IMG_0416.jpg
Notice the great Pacific Ocean view.

Reactions: Tam
Here is the latest photo update on this location. A couple of Tesla owners who live in the area stopped by and said that the current word is that this site should be up and running by the end of November.

View attachment 258175 View attachment 258176 View attachment 258177 View attachment 258178 View attachment 258179 View attachment 258180 View attachment 258181 View attachment 258182 View attachment 258183
Notice the great Pacific Ocean view.

Looks great...

Sounds like in time for Holiday Shopping