Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Clemente, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2017, 49 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome. We drIve down to San Clemente pretty often. Didn’t even think they would have any there. Maybe they’re nuclear powered? I know. I know. Bad joke.

A glowing sentiment, to be sure.

Looking forward to Clemente and Carlsbad taking some of the pressure off SJC/FV/RB in the short term.

They still need multiple SCs in San Diego itself. The delay, sadly, is not surprising.

If this site was open it would show up on your car nav and on the Find Us page on the Tesla website. Take a look...
If this site was open it would show up on your car nav and on the Find Us page on the Tesla website. Take a look...
Am well aware of that.. but Tesla is not always that great at updating things. They also promised 4 new supercharger locations in San Diego by end of year.. only one permitted..not even under construction.

The Real variable is how long it takes for SDG&E utility to install any additional transformers there. I saw one already there.

AND, final site inspections by the city

fyi, Fred. Any utility work won't start until ALL of the construction work is complete and the permit is signed off. So as long as the contractor is still working the site, there won't be any utility work started....

When signoff occurs, the utility will install any new transformers necessary, pull wire through the contractor-installed conduit from the transformer to the meter pedestal, and then set the new meter, effectively energizing the installation.

• Informative
Reactions: otter
but Tesla is not always that great at updating things.
In my experience, once a Supercharger becomes operational it shows up on the car nav and the Tesla website within 24 hours, usually much less.

They also promised 4 new supercharger locations in San Diego by end of year.. only one permitted..not even under construction.
And that is a different issue.

fyi, Fred. Any utility work won't start until ALL of the construction work is complete and the permit is signed off. So as long as the contractor is still working the site, there won't be any utility work started....

When signoff occurs, the utility will install any new transformers necessary, pull wire through the contractor-installed conduit from the transformer to the meter pedestal, and then set the new meter, effectively energizing the installation.

Thanks Randy! Didn't know that.

Great to hear from you

Kind regards.

I drove by yesterday and the large trench that goes all the way from the 12 chargers to the other 9 SC's (under the pavement) is now filled in and the final (12th) charger is in place. Everything looks to be complete...hopefully SDG&E and the city can do their thing and get this up and running!

20171108_153100.jpg

Very nice picture @cmarshack. Looks like they’ll be up and running within days. Construction seems to have gone quite brisk. Maybe the crews will move down to Carlsbad next and get that one up and running soon.

Talked to construction guy today. They are basically done and cleaning up

Same crew did Burbank

Now the utility will connect power soon and we will have final inspection before energizing the station.

Don't expect this within days. Could take weeks