Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Clemente, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2017, 49 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm. I drove by today.

I'm now thinking it won't be very long.

Seems there ARE transformers installed.

So with City inspection tomorrow, possibly only thing left is Utility hooking to meters.

We will see

I could be way off base. Impossible to tell how much utility needs to do or their scheduling.

Reactions: Ulmo
IMG_5339.PNG

Utility trucks there now. It's going down for real, kids

Site is DONE. But pumps have yellow “crime scene” ribbon between them

Looks to me like tesla is waiting to launch on Thursday. As suggested by others

Tried to charge. No juice.

There is still one charger missing from behind where the SDG&E truck was (in picture above) and still more concrete to be poured behind the 9 chargers, but it is very close to being completed!

That was almost predictable. SJC was delayed almost a year and San Diego had its shared of contractor screw ups and sign off delays. We’re in the Bermuda Triangle of SC problems...
SJC was an easement issue. San Diego was a cluster f*** of comical errors, as was Buena Park. Judging by the speed of recent expansions and construction (here, FV, Baker, Kettleman, etc), it looks like Tesla (and/ or their contractors) finally got a grip on efficiency and established a clearer protocol on how to get things right the first time. Having an inspector ask for a correction and revisit in 3 days if nothing.

SDG&E was there this morning. I asked when they would be done and they told me that they are energizing the transformers today and it's up to Tesla as to when they turn them on. The other workers there said it's up to SDG&E. So as long as the city gives it's approval today we could be looking at 21 new SC's today!