Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Clemente, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2017, 49 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This place has the nicest restroom I ever seen in the outlet mall.
Yes this is true!

I attend a Cars & Coffee meet at the Outlets every Saturday from 9-11AM and notice that many Teslas trying to access the chargers end up in a long slow line of cars attempting to get in or out of the show. If you find yourself here during these times, be sure to use the South entrance and go through the parking garage. Or if you enter using the North entrance, drive around the back of the mall to for easy access. Or continue to the South entrance. You will save a lot of time this way.

Attachments

• SC-SC.jpg
    SC-SC.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Over on the (extreme) opposite side (north) of the outlet shops from the Superchargers, right across from the Chargepoints pictured above, is a very large open arch entry, where the restrooms are. AFAIK, they don't close the gates, so you can drive around the perimeter of the shops property to get to them. But there is construction going on around the south side, so I'd circle around the west/north perimeter so as not to arrive at a block to vehicular traffic. If they do close the perimeter gates, for some nutty reason, you'd have to walk through the shops from the west entry...

This is not firsthand though, since I haven't personally attempted this after property hours.

Clarification on after hours restroom use: Just spoke to the management office and they confirmed that the restrooms at the “Midcourt entrance” to the “Oak Tree Court” are open 24- hours... You can see the entrance (the Midcourt name does not appear) at point D “You Are Here”
19B17D77-BD55-4420-899B-F112F4084C24.jpeg
of the diagram, top-center. The Centercourt restrooms (at the large arch) close at 10pm.

Clarification on after hours restroom use: Just spoke to the management office and they confirmed that the restrooms at the “Midcourt entrance” to the “Oak Tree Court” are open 24- hours... You can see the entrance (the Midcourt name does not appear) at point D “You Are Here”View attachment 456359 of the diagram, top-center. The Centercourt restrooms (at the large arch) close at 10pm.

Thank you for this.

It just seems silly for Tesla not to have incorporated this map in one way or another onto the touchscreen. (Yeah, I know, wishful thinking!) But since Superchargers are open 24 hours, it is inevitable that there will be times that people arrive that are not during normal business hours who need to use the facilities.

Either that, or Tesla should start selling thunder buckets (complete with the "T" logo) in their online store for such emergencies during one's travels.

Thank you for this.

It just seems silly for Tesla not to have incorporated this map in one way or another onto the touchscreen. (Yeah, I know, wishful thinking!) But since Superchargers are open 24 hours, it is inevitable that there will be times that people arrive that are not during normal business hours who need to use the facilities.

Either that, or Tesla should start selling thunder buckets (complete with the "T" logo) in their online store for such emergencies during one's travels.

I just look for someone sleeping in their car and use the frunk

frunk.jpg

Last edited:
can someone report the max output on the chargepoints? I'd be willing to pay to avoid a long wait - sadly that's what it's come to, Tesla
You would have to use a CHAdeMO adapter to charge a Tesla from those. The adapter maxes out at 125A, so you won't get more than 50kW. Those stations can go to 156A (62.5kW) if configured for it. Sometimes they are configured to be limited to 125A (50kW).

These chargers are not live in the ChargePoint app yet. However, it may still be possible to activate them with a ChargePoint RFID card or smartphone RFID.

Stopped by yesterday afternoon to recharge our 2015 P85D / 52k miles / Tesla software version 2019.32.2.1 (v9) / 29% SoC / 60ºF / Supercharger set as destination 30 minutes before our arrival. The first Supercharger (adjoining the parking garage) I connected to was VERY slow (18kW). I waited a couple of minutes to see if it would increase and when it didn't I moved to another Supercharger next to the hillside and got a much better charge rate (43kW). This was much better than the first Supercharger... but still much slower than the previous years when we'd get ~ 115kW (unpaired) / 60kW unpaired.

Sure miss Supercharging being FAST. Maybe another example of ChargeGate. :(

Anybody with a 2014 / 2015 Model S with 85kW battery running v10 getting faster Supercharger rates?

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_576a.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_576a.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 39
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_576b.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_576b.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 40
Stopped by yesterday afternoon to recharge our 2015 P85D / 52k miles / Tesla software version 2019.32.2.1 (v9) / 29% SoC / 60ºF / Supercharger set as destination 30 minutes before our arrival. The first Supercharger (adjoining the parking garage) I connected to was VERY slow (18kW). I waited a couple of minutes to see if it would increase and when it didn't I moved to another Supercharger next to the hillside and got a much better charge rate (43kW). This was much better than the first Supercharger... but still much slower than the previous years when we'd get ~ 115kW (unpaired) / 60kW unpaired.

Sure miss Supercharging being FAST. Maybe another example of ChargeGate. :(

Anybody with a 2014 / 2015 Model S with 85kW battery running v10 getting faster Supercharger rates?

For reference our charge rate in 3 months ago was 70kW

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_56bf.jpg

We charged here both today and three days ago (on the way to San Diego and on our way back). Not only was it close to full both times but the charge rate was ridiculous. We were unpaired, at 50 percent SoC, prepped battery, model 3 LR. 28 kW the first time (we just left and went to the urban ones at Carlsbad). 33 kW today but since we were eating breakfast there the low rate actually saved me from having to move the car. These were unpaired on a preconditioned battery. Something is wrong with the chargers here.