Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Clemente, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2017, 49 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can tell you they are not built underpowered. The utility electrical service is rated for full power. I've had some recent SC charging experience. Seems that when I'm driving early and stop at an SC at 5-6am with a warmed up car from driving, I get full power. But when I stop later in the day with more cars charging, and higher ambient temps, I don't seem to be able to achieve those higher charging levels all the time. And the handles are sometimes very warm when I plug in from the previous charging sessions. That's why I think the de-rating is occurring....
Thanks for your expert commentary. At Tejon Ranch a few days ago, the cable on the stall at the left was almost too hot to handle. After 20 minutes I moved our car and charged at 100 instead of 50 kW at another stall. Cold cable. I should have called Tesla.

What is your opinion on the effect of Volkswagen placing 10 billion (b as in boy billion) dollars of electric car charging infrastructure in the U.S.?

I agree with this one. To those who done live nd breath in the area, abuse is a data point. In the analytic it chart on a graph and unless the abuse it high, it is nothing more than a data point. Bear in mind the millions of charging occurs around the globe. To the local who uses it properly, to them those who abuses it ruin the system for them. They followed the rules, so should others.

Whenever I charge, I sit in the car and only charge at most 80% or 30 minutes out of courtesy for those waiting. Exception is no one around with plenty available or long trip that I need 100%. If I walk away from the car, I return the before the text saying it is almost done and never do it while watching a movie or at a restaurant.

Other in the other hand do not have same value. Leaving charge plugged in and drive off in another car to come back hrs later. Or just park because it's EV and that's the only available in the whole lot or already full long time ago, just don't care enough to move it. To me that's rude and showing disrespect to fellow Tesla owners.
I am so in respect of what you wrote.
Could you share your thinking on long-term charging policies by Tesla?
Just interested.
Ought Tesla charge the "going" rate for electricity?
Or less? Or nothing?
I do not have a dog in this game. We have free electricity, because we installed $23,000 of solar panels on our roof a year ago
Just wondering what you are thinking.
Should Tesla charge-- if so, what should they charge-- and why-- just wondering here

IMG_1338.JPG
IMG_1339.JPG
IMG_1340.JPG
Drove by today as I will be moving behind the outlet center and decided to see where my local supercharger was going to be located. It is by the south end of the parking structure on the bottom level. I couldn't tell if they will be inside or out. I saw pieces/parts both inside and out.

View attachment 249563 View attachment 249564 View attachment 249565 Drove by today as I will be moving behind the outlet center and decided to see where my local supercharger was going to be located. It is by the south end of the parking structure on the bottom level. I couldn't tell if they will be inside or out. I saw pieces/parts both inside and out.
Excellent find @mp0i and thank you for sharing. Can't wait to try this site on my way down to visit family in San Diego. Honestly, can't wait to skip San Jan Capistrano.

Is it too early to flip this from permit to construction? Equipments are there! @BlueShift? Any thoughts forum members?

So nice to see them moving quickly on this location, they really really need it especially on any weekend or when model 3 happens en mass. Sjc location was pumping out a whopping 26kw for me the other night so I had to go to fountain valley, all 8 stalls taken and 20 waiting cars.

This will help a ton... thanks for the pics guys.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Sjc location was pumping out a whopping 26kw for me the other night so I had to go to fountain valley, all 8 stalls taken and 20 waiting cars.
20 cars waiting??? That is obscene! FV is scheduled to undergo an 8 stall expansion. I doubt even that will be sufficient. In fact, I doubt SC and Carlsbad will be sufficient to address this corridor's needs. Well, maybe today, but certainly not in a year with a ton of Model 3's on the road.