Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Clemente, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2017, 49 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang it,,, I’m 11minutre behind the first charger! So stoked it’s open
Well, actually, it was more like 26 minutes if that matters. I made it, totally as a fluke, at 4:55. My apologies to those of you who have been shepherding so much good information. I was down that way and had to have a charge to get back home or else I would have left it to the local warriors. Oddly, I was the first to charge at Santa Ana as well. Wonder if anyone else has had to virgin charges.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
Well, actually, it was more like 26 minutes if that matters. I made it, totally as a fluke, at 4:55. My apologies to those of you who have been shepherding so much good information. I was down that way and had to have a charge to get back home or else I would have left it to the local warriors. Oddly, I was the first to charge at Santa Ana as well. Wonder if anyone else has had to virgin charges.
I've had 3 :)

Monroe, WA
Rock Springs, WY
Traverse City, MI

And I just missed a 4th at Hermitage, PA. The tech was activating the stalls, but ran into some trouble so I let him be and moved on.

Well, grandchillins, your grandpappy remembers back in the ol' days when folks used to celebrate the openin' of new superchargers as somethin' special. Thet wuz when there waren't no chargin' directly from the roads, o' course.
Now, you remember roads, don'tcha?

Makes you wonder if folks were this excited about new gas stations around 1910...

One week ago today as we were driving back to San Diego from a weekend out of town we stopped at the Temecula SC for restroom and eating break. After we plugged in and were walking to the stairs we saw a Model 3 charging. The young couple in the car were very helpful and answered all my wife's concerns with the 3. Prior to this she was not sure she would like it not having the instrument cluster behind the steering wheel, etc. Now she is very excited to be getting her own Model 3 soon. I do not believe the Model 3 will cause that much overcrowding of the SC network because I believe it will be mainly used for local driving/commuting like we will use ours. I expect almost all our charging will be done at home. For those using the Model 3 for long trips outside of CA there should be sufficient SC resources to take care of the additional Teslas on trips.

Reactions: FredTMC and Mark Z
Moderator note: @Graffi thanks for your Model 3 comments. That said, let’s please not start a discussion of the Model 3 center display / SC network overcrowding / how much it will be used for long distance travel / etc. in this thread about the San Clemente Supercharger.

If there are responses in this thread to @Graffi’s post then they will all be moved to a new topic in the Model 3 forum.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Reactions: HookBill
I stopped by here yesterday afternoon and WOW what a quantum leap ahead of San Juan Capistrano and Fountain Valley SCs !!! LOTS of superchargers, VERY uncrowded (parking structure was virtually empty), AWESOME ocean view just a few feet away, and lots of places to grab food or beverages... PLUS easy freeway access.

• Helpful
Reactions: dgpcolorado