Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego CA - A Street (LIVE 27 Jun 2018, 16 Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just came back to the forum after making the initial post about the permit. Wow! I'm shocked this made it to a new post! ha! Thank you, @Cosmacelf for finding the permit details on Open DSD. I was really afraid to mention anything without having more concrete information. So, thanks for confirming!

I'm still a bit curious as to how they plan on installing the stalls inside the parking garage... I've never been to a SC within a paid garage so, will we have to pay to park? :-/ Hmmm.... Regardless, I'm thankful to see another SC in the area.
I stopped into the parking structure on my daily walk to inquire about the Super Charger rumors. The garage office advised they were aware of the permit being issued but had no time frame on actual build out. The parking manager also stated he thinks the install will take place on the ground floor next to their car wash facility. Ill snap a couple of pics as soon as they break ground.

So, I might have found one more... Thanks to @Cosmacelf for the URL to OpenDSD earlier. That made the search much easier. :)

17170 Camino Del Sur San Diego, CA 92127

Project Details | Open DSD

BLACK MOUNTAIN RANCH: Building and Electrical permits for installing (12) charging stations in parking lot of an existing commercial site. work includes installing transformers, supercharger cabinets & equipment enclosure and Light pole. ZONE: CC-3-5,CC-4-5/ ESL/ Geo Haz 23,53

Last edited:
So, I might have found one more... Thanks to @Cosmacelf for the URL to OpenDSD earlier. That made the search much easier. :)

BLACK MOUNTAIN RANCH: Building and Electrical permits for installing (12) charging stations in parking lot of an existing commercial site. work includes installing transformers, supercharger cabinets & equipment enclosure and Light pole. ZONE: CC-3-5,CC-4-5/ ESL/ Geo Haz 23,53

Not to mention that it says "Tesla EVCs" at the top of the page. Good find!

Reactions: Heathman

Good job. I think you should make a new thread!

• Funny
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Thanks for creating the new thread, @Cosmacelf ! I thought about doing it but wanted to let others check it and to make sure it was correct. Inexperienced with the topic, I posted something in a Tesla forum months ago and someone shredded me. I've been reluctant to post anything since then! HA!

Well, I’m glad you’ve braved the forum again and continue to post! I took a quick look at your past posts and didn’t see anything controversial. You just need to move on anyways, a lot of people just have poor forum etiquette and/or are just having a bad day.

Seventy-three days and counting. We’re still stuck with only the Qualcomm location where you can imperil your car and your life, as you fight off other Tesla owners on a late Saturday or Sunday morning.

Yes, I completely avoid the Qualcomm location - unless it’s 0330 in the morning and I’m driving up to LAX for work, and I somehow forgot to plug in my home charger the night before.

• Funny
Reactions: caltechkid
It is rather amazing how long it takes for projects to get going in San Diego county. I caught the construction company for 7710 El Camino (Carlsbad) doing a pre-construction check 3 weeks ago and the permit has been issued. Honestly, it seems that how long a project takes is mostly due to the individual construction company. Tesla doesn’t seem to press these guys very hard. Seems like a stunning lack of management on Tesla’s part.

Reactions: caltechkid
Seventy-three days and counting. We’re still stuck with only the Qualcomm location where you can imperil your car and your life, as you fight off other Tesla owners on a late Saturday or Sunday morning.

Yes, I completely avoid the Qualcomm location - unless it’s 0330 in the morning and I’m driving up to LAX for work, and I somehow forgot to plug in my home charger the night before.
I can't agree more about Qualcomm. Downtown SC cannot come soon enough. We had to stop taking our Model S down to SD to visit my parents because we couldn't charge at Qualcomm with reasonable wait in line. In the process of installing Nema 14-50 at my parent's house.

You should be able to charge at San Clemente both ways, down and back. A 100% charge, or close to it, should allow you to get to San Diego and back with some driving around while you are here. So far San Clemente seems to be under used.
I disagree. I tried exactly that on my last trip there a couple of months ago. While I did not get a 100% charge, I came close. If you are not doing much, maybe you can make it back. Driving around SD can use up a lot of juice. I gave up trying and got a full charge at the Blink at my hotel and just drove straight back to L.A.

You should be able to charge at San Clemente both ways, down and back. A 100% charge, or close to it, should allow you to get to San Diego and back with some driving around while you are here. So far San Clemente seems to be under used.

I don’t believe so. At 71 miles, the San Clemente SCs are exactly halfway between my home in Chula Vista and work at LAX. I’ve charged to 100% at that SC and in either direction I arrive with anywhere from 53% to 56% remaining charge.

It might be possible to make it back to the San Clemente SC if you didn’t charge around as hard as I do, I like to drive between 80 and 85 mph whenever possible; and if you didn’t do too much driving around while down in San Diego.

Yeah, I’ve got a 2+ years old P90D Model X and can that car suck electrons! Twice now, on busy days just running around San Diego, I’ve been glad that I have a HPWC to recharge at 72 amps since I’ve had to recharge late afternoon just to get through the rest of the day of local driving. I bomb around at 80-85 too if I’m in a hurry, and set the AP at 80 if I’m not :)