Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Balboa Ave. (LIVE 18 Nov 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking about dropping by this afternoon to see if it's working and grab some groceries. I'll post here if it's online.
Don't bother. I drove through the lot a few minutes ago. There is no transformer (I thought I saw it there when I drove by this morning, but maybe I was just hoping it was there :) ) . There was a Tesla team there with a model Y, apparently testing some things, but without a transformer, they certainly weren't testing large quantities of electricity :)

• Funny
Reactions: JeffnReno
Fake news. No transformer. Just a wooden crate
AC7648DA-4914-434D-8D96-E2D84C039FE0.jpeg

I’m charging now. There is one other person here, but the charging is slower than I expected. I was at about 30% charge when I arrived, plugged in and charged at about 130kw for a couple of minutes before it dropped to 90kw.

There was one other car charging here, so it’s probably day one stuff that will get ironed out soon.

Attachments

• 5FED1F15-8AC8-4D58-853A-7D8338C8ED94.jpeg
    5FED1F15-8AC8-4D58-853A-7D8338C8ED94.jpeg
    332.8 KB · Views: 73
I’m charging now. There is one other person here, but the charging is slower than I expected. I was at about 30% charge when I arrived, plugged in and charged at about 130kw for a couple of minutes before it dropped to 90kw.

There was one other car charging here, so it’s probably day one stuff that will get ironed out soon.

I’ve charged at a v3 only 2-3 times before but your kw’s sound about right. Rarely stays in 120kw range for long, right?

Yeah, we've seen multiple times that upon initial provisioning on V3 Superchargers that the peak rate is slower than expected. I suspect that there's a provisioning issue that takes some time to work out to get them up to full speed.

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno