Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Balboa Ave. (LIVE 18 Nov 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More progress is happening! The first 4 stalls are in, as well as the supercharger cabinets!

Attachments

• IMG_1474.jpg
    IMG_1474.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1473.jpg
    IMG_1473.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 87
Looks like another week or two, hopefully.

You can make that prediction after the transformer shows up and hooked up to the Tesla equipment.
At least we are not waiting for PG&E here like we were in Northern California.

Really looking forward to this one as this is a great location for us when visiting family in La Jolla. Might be very useful here to shop at Vons to pick up a few items while we charge, very quickly (250kW V3 Chargers).

Reactions: JeffnReno
I'm pretty sure the transformer goes on the pad that is pictured in IMG_1868 above. I'll swing by the area later this week to hopefully see it in :)

Hey Smitty, fyi...All of the contractor site electrical work has to be complete, and then the city inspector has to sign off on it before the utility comes in and installs the transformer, pulls whatever wire is required, sets the meter and energizes the site. So you won't see any utility work commence until all of the other site work is done and signed off...

I drove by this morning. It looks like the transformer is in, and there appeared to be a Tesla employee testing the chargers. I wasn't able to get photos (something about paying attention to driving), but I'll try to swing by soon to see if it's open..
I'm thinking about dropping by this afternoon to see if it's working and grab some groceries. I'll post here if it's online.

Reactions: Dave EV