Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Camino Del Sur (Black Mountain Ranch area, LIVE 11 Jan 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a bit of a trip from the 15 freeway. I wonder if these are going to be the 72 kW urban chargers instead. I don't know that area very well - are there a lot of apartment dwellers in that general vicinity?

@Heathman just spotted this San Diego permit application for a 12 slot Supercharger in a mall parking lot (17170 Camino Del Sur San Diego, CA 92127), so I'm creating a new thread for i
Nice find! Permit seems pretty clear that it is for a Tesla Supercharger. Unable to determine yet if it will be the Urban type.

Who’s going to be the first to post photos of the site?

Is it about 5 minutes from the 15 freeway? Seems like it could be useful for those using that route. I wouldn’t rule it out.

I think we're a little bit spoiled. 7 minutes from the 15 coming from north or south according to Google maps. So, yeah, useful for freeway 15 travelers, but could be better. I suspect this isn't going to be the only freeway 15 new SC in the next 2 years...

It's a bit of a trip from the 15 freeway. I wonder if these are going to be the 72 kW urban chargers instead. I don't know that area very well - are there a lot of apartment dwellers in that general vicinity?

Much better than having to drive to the 5 and charge at QC.

More the merrier!

Agreed. At least this is a start to help take some pressure off QC and help those commuting using I15 without having to divert over to the 5.

This is great news. We're thinking of potentially moving to that general area later this year or next, and at least for the first 6-12 months, probably in a condo or townhouse while trying to figure out the real estate market.

This would mean one less thing to worry about unless it's fairly straightforward to enable a dryer outlet (presuming townhouse and not condo or apartment for this first half-year or more). Had no idea it was a Tesla-friendly area!

This is great news. We're thinking of potentially moving to that general area later this year or next, and at least for the first 6-12 months, probably in a condo or townhouse while trying to figure out the real estate market.

This would mean one less thing to worry about unless it's fairly straightforward to enable a dryer outlet (presuming townhouse and not condo or apartment for this first half-year or more). Had no idea it was a Tesla-friendly area!

It’s often dicey in a townhouse or condo trying to figure out charging. It can be done, but it also can take a lot time to work through the issues unless you have some sort of dedicated garage, hence Tesla’s new focus on urban Superchargers.

KarmaSmith, this certainly is Tesla country. You’ll probably see more Tesla’s driving around here than Prius’

I never thought I’d have a public tesla charger literally across the street from home. Lots of great places to eat here too. Yeah, it’s a little off freeway though.

I also live in the area. I'll keep my eye's peeled and upload pics or updated posts if I see progress made. This shopping complex is new. There are some decent places to eat now, but I believe there will be more options as time goes on. Only about 3.5 miles off the 15.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chuq
So, we can confirm that there will be 12 stalls.. cool

Project 581515 - Tesla EVCs CA 118
Project Information
Scope BLACK MOUNTAIN RANCH: Building and Electrical permits for installing (12) charging stations in parking lot of an existing commercial site. work includes installing transformers, supercharger cabinets & equipment enclosure and Light pole. ZONE: CC-3-5,CC-4-5/ ESL/ Geo Haz 23,53

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo
I drove by the site this afternoon. The address appears to be that of the very large Target store. I didn't see anything nearby that looked like a Tesla supercharger site under construction but nearby there are several empty lots with temporary orange fencing and construction crews actively working in some of them. Does anybody know the exact coordinates of the new site?