Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Camino Del Sur (Black Mountain Ranch area, LIVE 11 Jan 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In other locations, Tesla owners have bought cones and just put them in the stalls. Etiquette for Tesla owners charging, is just to move the cones and put them back after a charge.

I didn't know this! One Saturday I went to a SC location and 2 had orange cones blocking them off while the others were all in use with some people waiting in line. Later the cones were gone and all stalls were in use with people waiting. I wondered what was up with the cones since I doubted if the chargers were broken someone came on a Saturday and fixed them both between my first and second attempts to charge there.

Apparently I'm not the only one that didn't know about "cone etiquette" since people were waiting and not using the coned spots. Would have been nice if there had been something written on them like "Parking for charging only" so people know they can charge there.

I didn't know this! One Saturday I went to a SC location and 2 had orange cones blocking them off while the others were all in use with some people waiting in line. Later the cones were gone and all stalls were in use with people waiting. I wondered what was up with the cones since I doubted if the chargers were broken someone came on a Saturday and fixed them both between my first and second attempts to charge there.

Apparently I'm not the only one that didn't know about "cone etiquette" since people were waiting and not using the coned spots. Would have been nice if there had been something written on them like "Parking for charging only" so people know they can charge there.

Check the TMC page for that SC. Maybe the stalls were operational, maybe they weren't.

aoYsV6FjfuDEE5WeA
aoYsV6FjfuDEE5WeA
YE9SvmK6NWcXUvrV8

Shots from tonight, showing said cabinets, the table, and the conduit underneath.
0XePDVxWPU3PSRPUi2ejWcnRdJXxra_FLIVAzv8qLnUj-d5MbSv65YtRO5hiJ0bqDTTP9mz524OIO1Wly_q44ztuSBif_wYMHhPER_804nPnwhseZmyTDiLA1Q7BAvb1SBKRlsNo9fx2-79Zt0YWqF5TNJbNbYinJmtRQWV6FrAlIrPfFjPgodoazwIifzIuHmuJenNT9BvWjB6npfC56r6bmoE1s7ve9hJ2UIT5WgK9jcTyvMauSjY-qczlIGx5KeqT9Fw7PonOJV-p1Dfahls8P20v9wlmIKL5qbTuheLBTxU2bDQlRJyfIL5JhEP28bwPKzrPVdlKEEXlz5gKLkTiNhZHUnYn4lOO6mmJgOVUgDR_mhkznxyG7VeHpsYp4obOkdvZ7Fxz_nAncdskSCgqsS9ed9PV_I1-Y0mETI70ONkoqcDajd0JqukHYot3a14H-fjvwdTx1f2HKf1vKJ8HrzdoLszexxUeBef0SaoW1hB7bvkwxoVaO5TE-x0nMxa_a35O5FaCW8ktKpmRmti2UR766HZN8JR1e0j0JpEhkhledJ_xL8mLry4wbQM3NJAuj1SIBH8QDSPIJiqWGQ3VcdMIRxfrvETM8fdN-h5aLAL2Vaw6zUi8_GkG9N0LxYpCah_hzZr3-_lLEQxcSO4OLQ=w1302-h976-no
kKEmyfTMYFHl0HuU5oeCTjUO2Cd_c9hfoXH-0242cRZ0i4Mm_vMiJiO8g6IMJRWTATgeJWp_UGDChCEDtjijbTD2hfD0pSboOS49FIID4wkDHn2p-VWM7KhWTlxjopaJHg1hZXK3GvU4owxntGOD7zp-uea8F2E2Xf4JO4JoGwRUhMGUmJiTkpV8D1Pd58pZZn0DeaMo5GCKuJS4ypxFUkvybUGlnHMy-xIfAdguK8lz_FPeLBSBCpoNEEbiN6WAxJIXXEXD5X1dB8-F9jeVqd-2G5uQcphxmUEjm4FqRhgDuVnjpKqk9DJpDypOE1G85m5RCkdUFt-w68CaLgauS5fcKbfjYvdBDswigaOfumzF4wkiz7XfQivtouV2enZd3cQsfaQV4FOoXNDQPnfzVN_79YVSGWphgcRGdRrxhCW0R2qWPcEpbPiuCJm0KX1wFlBBNoEYSQT_3hJf5pwU0WznISTdI8Z0Y4TgDB2gSbQcZ1yfS2fXpcOIyTiT-beE-UrIHI9EkNiAp1oZ1hglGpLT0SvnLF6SP1das5UcfwAtht9iF13zDrpKOUDnBGwZrrRfgIbwpWJ5v_rw4TVLGNj0ckA5Z-55jZlmLXf_gqRrVeePFcIm8GEP74dF3s4eipOpgIVJlaOtnvviex413CJxQw=w1302-h976-no
oZhdnjGb1RE3TUgRtlXyCoEJ5v3Y1s2mSy6jSvmJia_Wlsrmw6wMBJN65cp1dqs0MzwK7Zxb5Xvf7Me5npc2P4xSTyTBAO6xKpLKpCXyN0cx4gDVflbej_shVVrabq-Zdlg_fP3hOeIstnAmfLFzBloDN8z6o6JOVSp11agkeoFt51SJb7j9KS78vZ1qImq8sWd5s3RQbHrO_lMnLRfjFrhPmsdsn0W-Btnswbz1u9i2rOphNedBD7Gs0EC2pk9LT_6fUEn7Wb0qneeS1n4s2k2xYb6Z6TStLxosdKTm4BEKdBrfWjKK9I9I8OUvgN6ejlYLR6OUE8YHpgiqx--a_XyneVel39E4-nTkNi2Z9K00NpS4t1g0TSvG_mqxlfYNEaee54UGTlUFByCQ4FzLrYXmVOeAnlolyk2UbLFVJT1AiNSa5-Vvcf22E-WmrI4KGqoImoXinR-AJv6LX-FSIRZf8xgEOY4QX3uD4TU3-G8pee54Sv9HxbD_G8QsMIzCHcJQ9AgKsfK4Hxsz4XS_h8MxnPt6ErTWFtLl2UnpSlvIH6mi_ojj7ZZI-UvlB4Fkcc6wXmrTjDaZ0cLAKhYzxCEBrdHvjaaoPP4YmSKkRMnD4L4baDPFzy6HM1OCGb0mHJ9COp-Z18OuFfs3MPwQb0IBbQ=w1302-h976-no

@hgpayne - none of your pictures are showing up for me. Please attach the pictures to the forum. Google content linking doesn't work for a lot of people.
I apologize. The first set of links did not work and when I edited the post it wouldn't let me delete them either. strange. I thought the second set did work but maybe because their mine, I can see the linked photos? Anyway, here's another attempt. These are from the 21st now -- so kind of old, relatively speaking.

20181121_184446.jpg
20181121_184533.jpg
20181121_184539.jpg

I apologize. The first set of links did not work and when I edited the post it wouldn't let me delete them either. strange. I thought the second set did work but maybe because their mine, I can see the linked photos? Anyway, here's another attempt. These are from the 21st now -- so kind of old, relatively speaking.

I can see them now. Thanks

Has the transformer been installed yet?
It's not in @hgpayne 's pictures from last week. You can just see the empty transformer pad on the other side of the cabinets. The pad with the cones on it. My impression is that with the passed/scheduled inspections that may have changed already. Or I might be wrong and since the utility installs the transformer and hooks it up the inspections may only require all the other hardware to be fully installed. Not sure.

There were photos of the slab on Facebook today. The guy said they turned the site over to sdg&e* to do whatever they are supposed to do. Since my powerwalls were I stalled in July and I'm still waiting for the official Permission to Operate from sdg&e, I don't hold out much hope for these chargers being operational by the end of the year.

* sdg&e: Satan, Demons, Gouls, and Evil-doers.

There were photos of the slab on Facebook today. The guy said they turned the site over to sdg&e* to do whatever they are supposed to do. Since my powerwalls were I stalled in July and I'm still waiting for the official Permission to Operate from sdg&e, I don't hold out much hope for these chargers being operational by the end of the year.

* sdg&e: Satan, Demons, Gouls, and Evil-doers.

So far, I haven’t seen Sdge be a slow part of the process at this stage. They’ve always installed a SC transformer within 1-2 weeks of final inspection. “Prefinal” inspection is today, so we still haven’t passed final inspection yet...

So far, I haven’t seen Sdge be a slow part of the process at this stage. They’ve always installed a SC transformer within 1-2 weeks of final inspection. “Prefinal” inspection is today, so we still haven’t passed final inspection yet...

Prefinal for _building_ permit was today, but shows a fail: All Prefinal [Fail]: issues, row permit

Electrical is done. Does SDGE have to wait for building to pass too, or just electrical? It would make sense for SDGE to move fast since this will get them some decent revenue. Solar and batteries are more or less the opposite, saving people money they otherwise would have spent with SDGE.

Reactions: JeffnReno
Was there some other construction happening? Also that part of the permit might have something to do with misc. other issues, like not having an enclosure around something. It is pretty common for contractors to try to not actually do everything mandated by the city inspectors and/or requirements weren’t communicated clearly or misunderstood. We are guessing right now, but it sounds like the inspector wants the contractor to finish something up before final will be granted. Which means the Sdge clock hasn’t started ticking yet.

Reactions: JeffnReno
Was there some other construction happening? Also that part of the permit might have something to do with misc. other issues, like not having an enclosure around something. It is pretty common for contractors to try to not actually do everything mandated by the city inspectors and/or requirements weren’t communicated clearly or misunderstood. We are guessing right now, but it sounds like the inspector wants the contractor to finish something up before final will be granted. Which means the Sdge clock hasn’t started ticking yet.
Maybe those pipes with the table over them?:eek: