Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Camino Del Sur (Black Mountain Ranch area, LIVE 11 Jan 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by to charge around 7:30PM last night and there were 5 other cars there. It sure didn't take long for people to find out it's active! Once it's listed on the Tesla map, I'm guessing this one's going to fill up during peak shopping times.

Not only is it showing up, it’s up to 7 in use. I was optimistic to have this available in a pinch, but now I wonder just how overrun this location will be.

Attachments

• 49B76C76-13AE-406C-8108-2B60A2A23DBC.jpeg
    49B76C76-13AE-406C-8108-2B60A2A23DBC.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 70
You'll be looking back fondly to the day when there were 5 available on a weekend

Agreed. If Tesla would ever send my second HPWC it would be even less of an issue, but there have been a few times where I had a quick turn and couldn’t get enough juice before leaving again. Waiting in line here will still beat charging at 40a or even 72a if I upgrade my circuit. I’ll swing by this afternoon after running some errands just to give it a go.

That's strange, my phone shows 11/12 available.
Checked again ~11:20 PM (checked phone and car - numbers between the two are not always the same!):
Camino del Sur: 11/12 available
Carlsbad: 15/20 available
Qualcomm: 0/12 available
A Street: 12/16 available

Glad that Camino del Sur is open - it fills a gap along I15, but it's clear that it's going to take more to take the load off Qualcomm.

Checked again ~11:20 PM (checked phone and car - numbers between the two are not always the same!):

Glad that Camino del Sur is open - it fills a gap along I15, but it's clear that it's going to take more to take the load off Qualcomm.
It'll take a few weeks for plenty of owners to realize that there's a new location, go check it out, and see whether/how to fit charging there into their schedule instead of at Qualcomm. Not everyone follows the supercharger developments as avidly as those on TMC so lots of them won't already have this figured out beforehand.

Who cares about Qualcomm though? If morons want to keep queuing up there for hours, let them! I am in San Diego County frequently and I just act as though Qualcomm doesn't exist and it works out well. I realize it had been the only option for quite a while but with Tesla building new superchargers in the area, that isn't the case any more and that is a good thing.

How do you check open stalls on phone? Is there a different app than the Tesla App?

Stopped by today about 7:15am for a quick top off just to check it out, and it was wide open. One other car was there when I arrived, but they were gone within a few minutes.

View attachment 368850

I took the opportunity to grab some drone shots while charging.

View attachment 368851

View attachment 368855

View attachment 368856

Interesting, it was 11/12 full at about 8:45a, hopefully just the morning rush of people trying it out on their way to the office!