Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Camino Del Sur (Black Mountain Ranch area, LIVE 11 Jan 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm, but how did you plug in the charger if you didn't walk in the puddle? Sorry, I am a bit confused how summon helped you.:)

I suspect that he used Summon to back the Tesla into slot after exiting car from non-flood area. Then by standing on the curb he could plug the Supercharger handle into his charge port. jmho

Oh, and he could avoid the flood by walking around on high side and along the curb.

I suspect that he used Summon to back the Tesla into slot after exiting car from non-flood area. Then by standing on the curb he could plug the Supercharger handle into his charge port. jmho

Oh, and he could avoid the flood by walking around on high side and along the curb.
Yes walked around on curb to unplug. It wasn’t raining when I parked so was able to back in normal. Only summoned out of the spot after unplugging :)

Yes that has been my observation on use as well. It's almost always in use but I have only seen one placard on it. I would use it as a last resort, partly because it is handicap but also because it is one of the few regular charger spots.

The attendant at Qualcomm told me it was ok to charge in the handicap spot as long as all the other spots were in use.

You can still get a ticket for it. He doesn't have the authority to approve that.

I'm not sure if it's changed, but when that supercharger was originally openned, it wasn't a true handicap space. (There's a story behind that, but this isn't the thread.) The signage clearly stated that it should be used last.

Photo in this post: Supercharger - San Diego / Sorrento Valley

Last edited:
This very poor parking job served to ICE the charging spot next door. Hopefully not anyone here displaying such an awful lack of parking prowess. Brown dog in the back seat.
IMG_4481.jpg

I'm not sure it's possible for an EV to "ICE" a parking spot. In fact I'm sure it's not possible, since it has no internal combustion engine. Leafs and Volts are so narrow they could probably still fit anyway. Bad parking job nonetheless, which is all too common in the Tesla community :rolleyes:. Drives me nuts when drivers keep their head turned around when trying to back up, ignoring their suite of sensors and HD camera.

Reactions: JeffnReno
I'm not sure it's possible for an EV to "ICE" a parking spot. In fact I'm sure it's not possible, since it has no internal combustion engine. Leafs and Volts are so narrow they could probably still fit anyway. Bad parking job nonetheless, which is all too common in the Tesla community :rolleyes:. Drives me nuts when drivers keep their head turned around when trying to back up, ignoring their suite of sensors and HD camera.
I agree and wonder how rich a person needs to be to not care about parking where another car could hit yours just trying to get into a parking spot. Some people have more money than brains.