Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Carmel Mountain Road (LIVE 10 May 2022, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s real!
1632612910937.jpeg

Pretty sure this is a temporary set of chargers Tesla will bring on weekends. They have done this at various locations (particularly So Cal). Likely, the location of the big rig is the future site of the permanent V3 chargers (ie behind the Vons). Both of these developments are related to the closure of the Del Mar / One Paseo chargers.
I live walking distance to these - ask me questions and I’ll scope out answers

Pretty sure this is a temporary set of chargers Tesla will bring on weekends. They have done this at various locations (particularly So Cal). Likely, the location of the big rig is the future site of the permanent V3 chargers (ie behind the Vons). Both of these developments are related to the closure of the Del Mar / One Paseo chargers.
I live walking distance to these - ask me questions and I’ll scope out answers

Given they're down 18 stalls at One Paseo, I can see them keeping this temporary site open until either permanent site (here or Pavilions) is open.

Here’s the scoop via Tesla rep at the site
- these temp, mobile superchargers will be here on weekends 12p-6p
- due to One Paseo closing. Reason for closing: One Paseo ownership was upset that Teslas were taking up parking spots in the parking structure
- this location (behind the Vons loading dock) is the future V3 site
- construction planned to start in 2 weeks. (They all speak like Elon now, I guess)

One Paseo ownership was upset that Teslas were taking up parking spots in the parking structure
Probably drive an original Hummer and don't have the first clue about marketing and driving customer traffic. 🤣 I do think they'll eventually regret this retrograde decision. The other locations in Carmel Valley area getting Superchargers soon will certainly benefit with more business!

so i went by today, they basically had a semi trailer with chargers going - no signs of permanent progress - I asked the attendant guy if the location was going to be where the permanent one would be and he seemed to be drinking the "coy Kool-Aid" and said I'd have to check the interweb.

• Informative
Reactions: Oil Freedom
I think I remember from reports at other locations that have used this same temporary set-up that, even though it uses the urban style charging posts, it actually delivers up to 150 kW when charging. Can anyone give these a spin and confirm what charging speeds are actually being delivered?

Reason for closing: One Paseo ownership was upset that Teslas were taking up parking spots in the parking structure.

So they were upset there were cars parking in the parking structure? What could their logic possibly be (beyond an irrational dislike of Teslas) ?

That Tesla drivers were only there to charge, and were not also patronizing the shops and restaurants? (How would they determine this, I wonder? Watching the Teslas while charging to see how many folk remained in their cars?).

That after charging, the Tesla drivers would move to other spots in the structure, and still not patronize the place? (This would of course be ridiculous, as it would also apply to any car parked in the structure).

It really defies all logic, or at least nearly all logic. I used to propose meeting friends at One Paseo for lunch or coffee specifically because I could charge up while eating/drinking there. And I even bought some stuff at one of the stores there once or twice. Now, I have no reason to ever go there really. I’ll just grab a sandwich at Board and Brew in Del Mar and walk to the park on 15th and sit on a bench looking at the ocean.