Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Carmel Mountain Road (LIVE 10 May 2022, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The tractor left both trailers in the parking lot. Maybe the first set of batteries still have plenty or juice or they're just increasing capacity at this location even though it's currently only open on the weekends. Would be nice if they expanded the hours of operation to include weekdays.
View attachment 715557

How do they make these "open" or "closed"? Are they locking up the charge cables, is there a gate for this part of the lot, etc.

Also, it doesn't look like there's a lot of space between the trailers for cars to maneuver / park...

Bruce.

I was wondering that too, Bruce. My car's touch screen currently shows that it's closed. Another photo posted earlier showed a red folding Tesla sign on the original trailer while cars were charging. Seems like maybe a Tesla employee or contractor has to go out there to set things up and turn it on and then close it all down again at closing time. There's really not much space between the trailers to have cars charging from both trailers at the same time.
1632871798320.png

How do they make these "open" or "closed"? Are they locking up the charge cables, is there a gate for this part of the lot, etc.
On Saturday, a couple of very nice guys from Tesla Energy were there and turned things on. The process must also include updating the Supercharger location status in the Tesla map system to show it's open / closed. The last open spot had just been filled, so it looked to be pretty popular. There was also another friendly person there (contracted I think) who was helping out organizing and assisting with the charging.

The other trailer had been moved to a different part of the parking lot and was not being used.

Worth noting that I also saw a couple walking back to their car after apparently making a purchase at one of the retailers while their car charged. That's money spent at this shopping and not One Paseo. Just sayin'!

Reactions: bmah
Probably drive an original Hummer and don't have the first clue about marketing and driving customer traffic. 🤣 I do think they'll eventually regret this retrograde decision. The other locations in Carmel Valley area getting Superchargers soon will certainly benefit with more business!
That's funny you say that. John Kilroy, the guy who developed most of One Paseo parks a pretty badass original hummer at One Paseo. I think you're spot on haha!

Did this thread lose "Torrey Hills" from the title? I guess this is for consistency with what Tesla calls it. But it might be worth considering that San Diego has two Carmel Mountain Roads, and it also has a neighborhood named "Carmel Mountain Ranch" that's not here. (The original "Mount Carmel Ranch", from which Carmel Valley got its name, is actually nearer to Torrey Hills, at the bottom of Carmel Country Road, but I digress.)

I noticed last weekend that the trailer was moved to the southwest corner of the parking lot (still on the back side of the shopping center) It's probably a better location since it was originally parked near the Von's loading dock which may have made store deliveries less conventient. However, I also wonder if maybe it was moved to make room for the construction to begin soon???

I noticed last weekend that the trailer was moved to the southwest corner of the parking lot (still on the back side of the shopping center) It's probably a better location since it was originally parked near the Von's loading dock which may have made store deliveries less conventient. However, I also wonder if maybe it was moved to make room for the construction to begin soon???

Do we know which part of the lot they're going to build on? I always thought the southwest corner was a sensible place to build it.

First stage of construction appears underway! Barriers are up, equipment still pending. Location will be between the two banks (Union and Wells Fargo) abutting Carmel Mountain Rd. A higher profile location than behind Vons.

Attachments

• 616FAF7C-8552-4392-9260-0A021DBF7F45.jpeg
    616FAF7C-8552-4392-9260-0A021DBF7F45.jpeg
    884.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 50B2FB62-F1AB-4A21-8911-4C4B223A25E6.jpeg
    50B2FB62-F1AB-4A21-8911-4C4B223A25E6.jpeg
    630.9 KB · Views: 74
First stage of construction appears underway! Barriers are up, equipment still pending. Location will be between the two banks (Union and Wells Fargo) abutting Carmel Mountain Rd. A higher profile location than behind Vons.
Haha, you beat me to it, gaswalla! I was about to post the same info with a photo. 😅

I spoke to one of the guys working inside the fenced off construction area, and he confirmed that it's for Tesla. 🤑 They're making quick progress tearing out the asphalt and concrete!

1635539169208.png

Reactions: mociaf9 and markb1
I think it's time for an update on supercharge.info to show this site is under construction. Sorry, I don't know whom to contact for that!

More goodness happening... Today I spied these Supercharger elements staged behind the shopping center by the trailer with the mobile Superchargers for the temporary weekend charging services. It's not yet everything that'll be required, but great progress:

1636160421300.png

1636160516166.png

The preparations at the front of the shopping center continue:

1636160568727.png

1636160632968.png