Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Carmel Mountain Road (LIVE 10 May 2022, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s opening very soon, I just drove by and the transformers were arriving.

7FFBD7C7-D412-4E9A-B149-DE3A97E19A77.jpeg
BC9DBC96-6DED-49A7-9602-92400D120EC6.jpeg

The work continues overnight with multiple service vehicles and a lane closure. According to SDG&E, there will be a planned power outage within the window of 10 PM - 6 AM to complete the work. Looks like they're running new high power conductors to support the load expected from the Superchargers. Getting closer!!!

Yeah, I was just out walking, and the traffic light is out at Carmel Mountain and Canter Heights, along with everything I could see along Canter Heights and Carriage Run Drive. I'm surprised they would plan a night outage that would affect a traffic signal. Even with the temporary stop signs, you'd think they'd want maximum visibility that comes with daylight. (They were setting up the stop signs after the power was already out, too!)

They were working at the supercharger itself (SDG&E vehicle parked there and larger white cabinet open), across the street, and further down Carmel Mountain past E. Ocean Air. There was also a group of workers around the green box at the corner by Wells Fargo. Quite an operation!

Last edited: