Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Carmel Mountain Road (temporary chargers available, under construction for 24 V3 stalls)

markb1

Feb 17, 2012
San Diego, CA
Some photos I took this morning:

IMG_5832.JPEG
IMG_5833.JPEG
IMG_5834.JPEG
IMG_5835.JPEG

markb1

Feb 17, 2012
San Diego, CA
Forgot to post about this earlier, and I didn't get any photos, but Carmel Mountain Road was getting dug up on the opposite side of the street on Saturday. It looks like they trenched a little ways toward the median, but they only had the north-most lane closed. No idea if that has anything to do with the supercharger, but maybe?

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9

Oil Freedom

Nov 10, 2017
Southern California
Forgot to post about this earlier, and I didn't get any photos, but Carmel Mountain Road was getting dug up on the opposite side of the street on Saturday. It looks like they trenched a little ways toward the median, but they only had the north-most lane closed. No idea if that has anything to do with the supercharger, but maybe?
I think you're right. Seems likely it's for powering the Superchargers. The trenching leads to an existing transformer by the sidewalk.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC