Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Carmel Mountain Road (LIVE 10 May 2022, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some photos I took this morning:

IMG_5832.JPEG
IMG_5833.JPEG
IMG_5834.JPEG
IMG_5835.JPEG

Forgot to post about this earlier, and I didn't get any photos, but Carmel Mountain Road was getting dug up on the opposite side of the street on Saturday. It looks like they trenched a little ways toward the median, but they only had the north-most lane closed. No idea if that has anything to do with the supercharger, but maybe?

Forgot to post about this earlier, and I didn't get any photos, but Carmel Mountain Road was getting dug up on the opposite side of the street on Saturday. It looks like they trenched a little ways toward the median, but they only had the north-most lane closed. No idea if that has anything to do with the supercharger, but maybe?
I think you're right. Seems likely it's for powering the Superchargers. The trenching leads to an existing transformer by the sidewalk.

I didn't notice the temporary Superchargers being active there past two weekends -- even though there were one two Supercharger trailers behind Vons. Today there wasn't any Supercharger there at all. Maybe they're being deployed for holiday travel again. However, I also noticed that the Supercharger icon for this location is now missing from my car's nav.

On the bright side, the construction crew continues to make progress with the permanent Supercharger installations.

I agree that it doesn't look like much progress recently. They've been out there working on it though, and I think it's a case of many smaller things needing to be completed along the way.

I expect it'll appear to come together quickly one they get further along. The longer wait will likely be the SDG&E power and final approval to turn it all on.