Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Carmel Mountain Road (LIVE 10 May 2022, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

TORREY HILLS: Building & electrical permits to install Tesla EVCS on the parking lot of a commercial bldg. Scope: Install (24)Tesla EVCS & supporting infrastructure including concrete pad & equip. for (6)rectifier cabinets, (1)utility switch, (1)utility transformer, (1)switchgear & associated parking striping, signage & ADA access features.

4639 Carmel Mountain Rd, San Diego, CA 92130

omg... down the street from me.
This is at the Torrey Hills Vons.
Good amenities - Subway, Starbucks, Mexican restaurant
This is a residential location, though, with 90% of folks living in single family homes, so a bit of a head-scratcher for location, but will help San Diego's ever growing need for superchargers

Hard to imagine 24 charging stalls in this sleepy little shopping center. And 16 more down the hill at Pavilions!

Hey, @gaswalla , seems you are my neighbor!

There are a bunch of apartements behind this Vons, and more further down Ocean Air Drive. And there are townhouses on Carmel Mountain Road, near the intersection with Carmel Country Road. (Aside: It must be confusing to people to people from outside the area, driving down the 56, and seeing all these Carmel Something exits.)

Reactions: jowaldo
Hard to imagine 24 charging stalls in this sleepy little shopping center. And 16 more down the hill at Pavilions!

There are a bunch of apartements behind this Vons, and more further down Ocean Air Drive. And there are townhouses on Carmel Mountain Road, near the intersection with Carmel Country Road. (Aside: It must be confusing to people to people from outside the area, driving down the 56, and seeing all these Carmel Something exits.)
Yeah the only reason I could see putting so many there is all the apartments in the area. Would be convenient to use and go grocery shopping while charging.

My neighbor as well, just goes to show how many Teslas are in this area. It makes sense for people traveling to San Diego as it at the juncture of 5, 56, and 805. Plus next to UTC which for some reason doesn't have a supercharger station yet. 🤔

Reactions: markb1
I looked up the address on the SanGIS parcel lookup tool:

1623009313534.png

So I think it's likely it will go in the back lot (lower part of the map). The small part of the front lot inside these bounds is too crowded, IMO.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9